Ruined Peace and The Hidden Grief

A/N: The title rhymes! I didn't even mean to do that! Cool! XD

"Come on," Laura cries as she reaches her arm out for you, you practically jumping back, a slight smile on your face at her playful nature. She wouldn't really take it off you, she respected your boundaries even if your Aphrodisiac Effect only seemed to work on men. She giggled along with you, chasing you throughout the house. That was until a click was heard from the door and a pair of boots, not too heavy and not too light, tapped on the wood as they made their way inside. Stopping instantly Laura looks between him and you. "You got over Arthur pretty fast..." A sly grin on her glowing features.

"It is nothing like that...!" Both you and he called out in unison, momentarily staring at each other in disbelief. You gave a small smile at him, his posture as stern as ever. He dipped his head at you, taking notice of the meal you had made.

"Am I interrupting?" His voice was calm as the ocean waves, the cold, monotone look crossing his face. You were about to reply when Laura pushed you forwards, your hands bearly catching a table to stabilize you.

"Not at all! She is all yours!" With a giggle Laura went to the hallway, disappearing behind one of the doors. Walking towards you he stopped short before you as you forced yourself upright.

"I didn't know you had a sister." His voice was slightly softer with her absence. Shaking your head you clarified.

"I don't, but she keeps me sane." Gesturing to the table he took a seat, watching your retreating figure as you left his company to fix him something for himself. "What would you like?"

"Suprise me."

Taking a plate you filled it with leftover breakfast setting it along with some silverware a cup of tea in front of him. "French toast, eggs, and sausage with black tea made from the leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant. It will give you plenty of energy for the day."

You sat down to finish your meal with him, Laura already having finished hers beforehand. He seemed to be appreciating the taste of the food, chewing slowly and thoughtfully. His eyes also seemed lost in thought. Was something bothering him? You watched as he took a nice, slow sip from his cup and a long one at that.

"Is the food not good at the castle?" You were sure that the cooks had to be astounding to serve the former king of Camelot, but then again tons of humans were killed in the attack on the castle. But still, the food should be adequate.

"I don't need to eat food, however, Cusack is the one that deems himself the only one capable of cooking for me. His food is... Lethal." A bitter look crossed his face as his face practically scrunched up at remembering the taste. 'Wow, that bad huh?' A chuckle rang through his chest. "You have no idea if you ever meet him don't let him cook for you. Don't try anything he makes for that matter, I don't know if it would kill you or not, with you being half-human."

"Do you know what happened to the king?" Your words were laced with anticipation, anticipation for the answer that would come. Your stomach twisting into knots as you waited silently among the tension in the air. Maybe you shouldn't have asked. Hastily getting up you refilled his cup with a new tea, jasmine, and chamomile. He sipped it softly, finishing the drink in the few minutes that passed while you stood in wait.

As his plump lips parted ever so slowly, he paused. The door burst open snapping under the pressure in splinters of wood. The floorboards creaking under the weight of multiple pairs of feet startling you as you raised from your seat, a rush of fear cooling your bones.

"So this is where you've been running off to..." A tall man with silver hair boomed. His body built like Adonis himself. Behind him were about ten other people, marks of ebony painting their faces and for some, on their bodies as well. Shiny boots the color of deep ebony tarnishing the floor.