Smoldering Need

A/N: ~Brought to you by Zeldris and Estarossa~  

Zeldris: The author couldn't figure out what song would best suit this chapter. If you can help her find one that works well, *Sigh* I will be shirtless and hot in a future chapter. Maybe even the next chapter. *Looks at author* Do I really have to do this?

Author: ...Yes... Onward to the chapter! 

Giving a sigh Grayroad concedes. "Fraudrin and I saw nothing of the boy."

"Not that I care, but neither have we." Monspiete replies, Derieri crossing her arms across her busty chest, opening her mouth to put her two cents in. "Coming from the ass, it would be nice to have the leader off our backs."

Zeldris shot a stern look her way as if he was saying there would be no getting off their backs regardless.

In a moment all the agony you felt started to dissipate, maybe Arthur was still alive after all. The rightful and just king the kingdom needed was still alive, the only thing you wished was that he would walk through your shattered doorway and give you a hug.

"Its..." Galand's face was that of shock, a smirk taking over fairly quickly. "Well if it isn't loverboy."

Familiar footsteps knocked against the hardwood, a blaze of orange hair looking like a brand of fire against the sun's rays. Hard purple eyes staring at the black-haired version of Meliodas. Your breath hitched in your chest.

"Ar... Arthur..."

His crimson cape flowed against his armor-clad legs as the golden knight in shining armor strode easily towards you, your heart pounding effortlessly. "I don't have much time... Merlin-" You simply gave a nod, your body numb and your eyes taking in his like a breath of fresh air.

"If anything happens to her..." Arthur gives a hard glare at everyone in the room.

"Relax, human," Melascula replies easily. "If we wanted to hurt her we would face the Executioner. No one really wants that."

Giving a nod Arthur looks at you, his eyes practically clashing with the boy who held you. "I suppose you are the one I should thank." His eyes downcast to yours, warm and sweet like honey. "Lady (Y/N), hang on just a little bit longer..."

Before you knew it he was gone, not a trace of his body left in the vicinity. As if he was a ghost. Was that really King Arthur? Your eyes traveled to Laura who simply gave you a kind smile seeing that it had relieved you of your pain. "See," She grins with a wink. "I told you so."

Galand seemed to stare at Laura, his eyes peering deep into her soul, yet his voice staying caged inside his mouth. "Hey-" He was quickly cut off by an interjection from the shapeshifter.

"Ah, all's well that ends well! Right?" She seemed to stare back at him, a silent conversation roaring through the air between the fox demons equivalent and the red armored commandment.

Galand's green eyes glowed as they glimpsed at your figure, now standing at Zeldris' side. His eyes trailed back to the famous animal of trickery and deceit. "...Yes." 

Zeldris looked on, his eyes glaring at the place the king had once stood so confidently, his lips pressed into a thin line as he recounted the relief and glee that was placed serenely on your face. Any presence of grief being drowned with the king's brief return. He supposed a part of him wanted to be rid of the king, however, another part of him clashed with that thought. If Arthur were to be disposed of, the woman that had captured his interest would run the risk of death. 

'Unless...'

 His eyes turned to you with melancholy quickly sparking into a fire of passion. 'Unless I get you to fall for me instead. Then it wouldn't matter if the human loved you or not. It wouldn't matter if he was in your life or not.' His lips transformed into a smirk. Yes... He would simply show the Succubus that he could please her more than a mere human. He would shower her with whatever she needed him to provide: protection, reassurance, love, lust. Taking a look around the tavern he decided that first, he would have to spruce up the place, fix up the door and get some maids to help her run the place, at no charge of course.