Chapter 2 : New beginning

"You don't need to be sorry. I'm the one who should apologise." Everyone's head snapped towards the person standing at the door bending his head down feeling disgusted.

"So you are behind everything? You have done everything in secret and my daughter is suffering because of you. How dare you laksh?" Shekar marched towards laksh and was about to hit but was stopped by a voice. Ofcourse ragini's voice.

"No one did anything papa. I don't think that we have a future together and that's why i stepped back which i told you guys already. Now please stop discussing about this broken marriage. I'm leaving." Ragini was stubborn in her decision of leaving her hometown even after everyone from the family requested her to not leave them.

"Suno..!"

She stood rooted at her place.

"I am sorry for everything i did but leaving back everyone is a bad choice ragini."

"I know what's good and what's bad for my life Mr.MAHESHWARI and you better don't teach me. I'm mature enough to make my life's important decision. I'll be more than happy if you stop interfering in my life. I hope you will be giving me that happiness atleast." Ragini snapped him with full attitude and she is not the same innocent girl anymore who selflessly fell in his love trap. Bang on girl.

"Ragini beta.." Annapurna called while ragini touched her feet and starts leaving.

"Raginii.." everyone followed her but she left baadi in a cab.

"Baba, Get inside.." Sanskar opened the door to shekar while asked everyone else to stay back.

"Sanskar, i'll come also.." Laksh opened the door of the passenger seat and got in while shekar got down from the car immediately the moment laksh stepped inside.

"Baba.."

"Sanskar beta, i'll take a autorickshaw and thank you for your timely help, i think from now on i myself can handle the situation." Shekar said while glaring laksh.

"But baba, you will get late. It's not the right time for anything, all we need now is to stop ragini from leaving Kolkata. We will sort out rest once we bring her back home." Sanskar said sincerely to shekar and turned to laksh "Lucky please stay back..".

Laksh(looking everywhere but not shekar): What? Why? I will come too bhai..

"Dekh.. that's why i told you that i'll come in autorickshaw." Shekar blurted out his frustrations.

"Lucky.."

"Sanskar.. She is my wife. We are still legally husband and wife and i'm worried for her. If papa wants to come in autorickshaw then let him do whatever he wants. Start the car bhai."

"Wow.! Don't you know that she is your wife when you manipulate her to stop the wedding lucky?" Sanskar chided.

"Manipulate? Sanskar you really don't have any idea about what actually had happened, so please stop blaming anyone. All i need now is to stop ragini from leaving. She is the one who have the right to blame or taunt me, i'm ready for anything she says, whether to start a new life together or to get separated from me. I'm ready to face anything she decides but leaving in the middle won't give a solution to any problem. This time i'm very clear about my decision." Laksh spoke from his heart, all he wanted was ragini's forgiveness but everyone were confused with his sudden change of behaviour but only annapurna knows what her son is going through.

Sanskar almost pulled his hairs in frustration and pleaded shekar through his eyes to get inside as he knew how adamant his brother was, wasting time only costs ragini's departure from the city which everyone doesn't wanted so shekar gave up the argument and sat inside the car quietly.

Throughout the journey towards railway junction, laksh kept asking sanskar to increase the speed of the car which not only irked shekar but also sanskar, they gets irritated for his fake concern, that's what they thought actually.

They reached the railway station but they don't know in which train they have to search for ragini as so many trains are ready to depart in few minutes, so they decided to split and hunt.

"Ragini.." Sanskar called out aloud running between the compartments while shekar went to search for ragini in another train.

"Ragini.. please yaar. Don't leave, it was all my mistake, please don't go. I'm sorry. Please." Laksh was struggling inside while his eyes were dying to see her.

Suddenly sanskar's mobile vibrated and he immediately took out to view them with the hope of getting any info regarding ragini, a message popped up,

"Why you guys are here? Wait, are you following me🙄? Why laksh was searching for me? I told you that i'll be back in a month right then why you all came over here? Please don't follow, i need some alone time. Please go back home. Understand sanskar."

"You are here and seeing us from somewhere but we could not find you.. and you are asking us to get back home without you. Bullsh*t.." frustrated sanskar stomped his foot.

"Sanskar beta.. did you find ragini?" Shekar came running to sanskar.

"Baba.. she is here only.."

"You saw her.. where is she? Ragini..Ragini beta.." shekar kept looking for her here and there.

"Baba.. She is here but i could not find. She sent this message to me just now." Sanskar showed him the message that ragini had sent a few minutes back.

"We can't allow her to leave even if she wanted to go. She is not a orphan beta, she have her family, her dear father is there for her to share her heart out. She can't leave us, she can't do this to us.." shekar cried falling down on the floor.

"Baba please.. Ragini may see us from somewhere, she may not be able to see you breaking down, so please calm down baba.. I think she needs sometime so why not we accept her decision and wait for a month? If she doesn't comes in a month as promised, we will search for her with our private detectives but that won't be needed as i know that she will surely come back as promised. Let's leave baba, please atleast this favour would help ragini in someway." Sanskar somehow convinced shekar and left to the parking area completely forgetting about his brother.

While laksh was madly running in the platform and swapping between two trains.

"He is still here sanskar. Laksh is still here." Another message popped up.

"Oh no.." sanskar mouthed and asked shekar to wait for him inside the car.

"Lucky, come back.. we got ragini" sanskar lied breathing hastily on his phone.

"Really bhai? I'm coming right now." Laksh got down from the train where he is searching and immediately ran towards the exit of the station.

"Just a month, don't ask for more. Come back quickly ragini." Sanskar's message popped up.

Ragini who hid inside the washroom came outside slowly after reading sanskar's message only to witness laksh's vanishing figure.

"I'm sorry sanskar. I won't come back. I won't.." ragini uttered those words with much difficulty closing her eyes only to let out her pooled up tears.

To be continued..

So guys, what may be the reason for laksh's change in behaviour suddenly?

Keep guessing and i'll come back next tuesday.

Target :50+ votes

With love,
Darshini❤