Chapter 35

Délire.

This was the first word to conjure inside Virgo's mind when her eyes fluttered opened the next morning. Beside her, content and vulnerable in her sleep, lay Cammie. Curled on her side, Cammie's chest rose and fell with the faintness of a deep slumber; innocent, unperturbed by the outside world, perfectly at peace.

A smile crept onto Virgo's lips as she gazed upon her lover. In their month absence, Virgo realized she missed so much. The night before revealed just how much confidence Cammie gained in her absence. The girl who was always unsure of herself seemed to finally find her footing; the girl who always questioned every move she made finally had more answers than she did questions. The girl who was too self-conscious to even hold her hand had made beautiful love to her.

How she had grown in their month apart.

A small sense of pride swelled within Virgo's chest as she adored the woman next to her. This beautiful, confident, transformed, empowered woman. This was not the same girl she met all those months ago. This was the girl she Dreamed about. This was the girl she was meant to fall in love with, spend the rest of her life with. This was the girl she would call her wife.

Slowly, Virgo reached out a gentle hand to run her fingers over Cammie's exposed skin, images of the night before flashing through her mind. The night was ecstasy. The night was euphoria. The night was a small taste of eternity.

Virgo sighed at the memory of making love with the only woman that she wanted, the only woman that mattered. She thought about the way Cammie said her name in the midst of it all, how Cammie craved her, begged for her. When they were together last night, it became perfectly clear to Virgo that they were, without a shadow of a doubt, Soulmates. They were lovers made for each other; they were two people who were once one, but were split apart, cursed to wander the earth in pursuit of the other until at last—at long last—they were finally able to reconnect and become one once again, one soul.

The girls had fallen asleep naked, wrapped in each other arms, their breaths and hearts harmonized after their night of passion. Now Virgo simply watched Cammie sleep, cherishing these precious moment of adoration. This was everything Virgo wanted for so long. Cammie was everything.

This is your wife, Virgo thought.

A small groan escaped through Cammie's parted lips, some dream creeping through from unconsciousness. Virgo continued to smile down upon her Soulmate and admire everything that was, everything that she would become. Virgo leaned down to kiss Cammie's forehead, brushing her hair aside. Cammie's eyes fluttered open, a pale blue in the morning light. She stretched out her body, arching her back.

"Good morning," Cammie mumbled, her voice thick with sleep. Instinctually, Cammie curled into Virgo and placed a sleepy kiss on her lips. Cammie ran her hands along Virgo's bare flesh causing goosebumps to raise at her touch. "How did you sleep?"

It took a moment for Virgo to focus on Cammie's question, completely transfixed by Cammie's touch.

"It was the sleep I've ever had," Virgo replied, beaming. Virgo caught sight of a slight blush that began to cover Cammie's cheeks before she buried her face into Virgo's chest.

"Last night was amazing," Cammie said, her voice muffled. Virgo wanted to reply, agree, say it was the best thing in the world. But somehow the words didn't seem enough. Somehow telling Cammie wouldn't be enough convey how much her soul craved the intimacy of last night. How she felt complete, how she felt full, how she felt completely herself when she was lost with Cammie. "Was it . . . Okay for you?" Cammie asked hesitantly.

Virgo pulled away to study Cammie, to look deeply into her eyes and beyond. Gently, Virgo kissed Cammie, lingered against her lips, eyes closed. "This is everything I have ever wanted," Virgo murmured. "You are perfect. You are beautiful. You are amazing. You are everything."

Cammie nodded, unable to pull herself away and look Virgo in the eye. Though there was not a single thing that Cammie regretted, she was still plagued by that familiar shyness that seemed to only affect her around Virgo, especially when it came to things relating to their relationship. She was especially embarrassed about discussing the previous night's events, worried that perhaps she hadn't performed well for Virgo, knowing that she didn't completely understand what she was doing.

"You're sure?" Cammie asked.

"Écoutes-moi." Virgo commanded. The change to French made Cammie meet her eyes. "It was amazing, Cammie. It was the best night of my life. Making love with you was indescribable. It was the best night of my life. You have nothing to be embarrassed about."

"You're sure? I had no idea what I was doing," Cammie confessed.

Though Virgo found the return of the familiar bashfulness that plagued Cammie, she knew she could let it linger. "Listen to yourself. You make it seem like sex is just about climaxing. Sex is about connecting with your partner. About losing yourself in them. It's about being intimate with your partner and showing them love in a different way. You must stop worrying about whether or not you're good enough. It's beautiful, you and I. You must stop worrying."

Cammie smiled, reassured by both Virgo's words and her love. Then she laughed nervously and confessed: "It was amazing. I've never. . . Had sex like that." The night before was indescribable. They had sex. She had sex with a girl. The thought made her dizzy. Never would Cammie have guessed that this would be the trajectory her life would take. Only a few short months separated the new from the old; separated a trapped bird to one flying free. Amused, Cammie wondered what it would have been like to meet her past self and explain exactly what would come of their life in a matter of months. Cammie smiled inwardly at herself, because she knew exactly how that Cammie would have reacted.

"'Like that'. You mean with a woman?" Virgo teased, hoping to dispel any embarrassment or awkwardness Cammie felt.

Cammie playful hit Virgo and looked into the eyes that mesmerized and ensnared. The softest, most understanding pair of chocolate brown eyes she had ever gazed into. The eyes that were decorated with a darker brown ring and grew steadily lighter the closer to the pupil. The eyes flecked with honey. The eyes pouring out love.

"Better than your boyfriend?" Though Virgo was teasing when she asked, Cammie sensed a slight sense of urgency in the question

"It doesn't even compare."

Virgo leaned down and kissed her lover once again.

"Virgo, you're everything I never knew I wanted."

Virgo smiled again wondering how could she feel so much joy in a single moment, in a single person. This is what love was supposed to feel like, Virgo realized.

The girls looked at each other, enjoying the silence that spread between them. Cammie's face suddenly grew solemn. Virgo cocked her head to the side and with her thumb ran a finger over Cammie's brow.

"What are you thinking?" Virgo asked.

"You know, I've been trying to be better. I've been trying to become a better person." Cammie met Virgo's inquisitive gaze. "So, in that quest, I'm also trying to be more honest with people and tell them exactly what I'm thinking."

"Mhm," Virgo hummed, wondering what Cammie wanted to say.

"So," Cammie said, taking a deep breath. "I hope that it's obvious that I love you and that I care about you and that I want to be with you."

Virgo smiled and nodded, declining to say anything.

"I don't really know what the future holds for us, honestly. I don't know what will happen if or when you move back to France or once I graduate. I don't really know what's going to happen with my life or my family. Basically, I know nothing. The only thing I know for sure is that I want to be with you. I don't know what the future looks like, but I hope you're in it; I hope you're there. I want to be with you, Virgo. Completely. Fully. I don't really know what that will look like for us, but I just know that I love you."

"I love you too, Cammie. You have my heart. I will be with you no matter what, come what may."

Cammie grinned. "I'm so glad to hear you say that." She inhaled another deep breath, gathering her confidence. Despite the attempt, her heart still hammered in her chest. "I know this isn't some grand, romantic gesture. I know we're just laying in bed and maybe this should be different or whatever. But, should we make this official? Will you be my girlfriend?"

Virgo broke in a smile. "I thought you would never ask. Literally."

Both girls broke into laughter as they embraced, laughter still lingering on their lips as they met.

My girlfriend, Cammie thought, the world spinning around so quickly she felt dizzy and excited all at once. The word felt so strange, yet oddly familiar, as if it were an old friend.

"It's funny, I never thought you would be the one to ask, everything considered."

"Oh, and you thought you would?"

"I knew I would convince you one way or another."

"Is that so?"

"Bien sûr, c'est vrai. Tu aimes mon accent et tu aimes quand je parle français. Je t'ai dit qu'il n'est pas difficile d'attirer des filles américaines."

"Oh whatever," Cammie laughed.

"Quoi? Tu m'aimes."

"You think you can just win me over speaking French, Payet?"

"Oui."

"Keep dreaming."

"Toujour de toi."

"You know, I still remember waking up from my Dream. How much I freaked out."

"You never told me about your Dream."

"No? Well when I Dreamed of you, I woke up in a cold sweat and my heart was racing. I kept trying to go back to sleeep, but my heart wouldn't stop pounding in my chest and I felt like I was going to suffocate, so I went on a run and ended up threw up. I think I eventually collapsed from exhaustion and just slept in the middle of the forest by my house."

Virgo's eyes grew wide. "Oh my god."

Cammie laughed. "I know. It was bad. And then of course I ran away from you when I saw you like, less than a month later. I didn't think you were real. I convinced myself you didn't exist and I could just live in my little fantasy world."

Virgo laughed out loud. "What did you think would happen?"

Cammie laughed too. "I have no idea. I was stupid."

"No, you were scared."

A solemn moment passed over them as they each reflected on their fears that became glaring in the light of their relationship. Cammie quickly changed the subject, not wanting to fall into the pitfalls of despair.

"So, you never told me about your dream. What happened? Where were you? What did you do when you woke up?"

"Well, I went to sleep knowing I would see my Soulmate. Finally. I was always so excited about it, my entire life. So I went to sleep and Dreamed of you. I saw your face and heard your laugh." A vague memory of hearing a sound like wind chimes on a summer evening filled Cammie's mind. "I fell in love with you in my dreams. Every night after that I was so excited to go to sleep for the chance I would see you again. Every night that I dreamed of you again, saw you again, were the best. I was in love with you the first night."

Butterflies tickled Cammie's stomach as they fluttered about. How did she deserve someone so utterly devoted to her?

Virgo ran her fingers through Cammie's hair, letting the golden locks tumble through her fingers like a golden stream. "And then I started looking for you. Every day. I would walk for miles every day around the city looking at every single girl I saw. After I graduated from university, I had this feeling that you weren't in France. So I made a decision to leave. I traveled through Europe for a while and then decided to come to the United States. I had this strange feeling pulling me to Los Angeles. I couldn't describe it or explain to anyone why I had to come here to California, but I just followed my instinct. And it was right: that's where I found you."

There were tears brimming in Cammie's eyes. "I could live a thousand lifetimes and never deserve you."

Virgo shook her head. "Don't say things like that. We deserve each other. We both handled things poorly."

"I'm still so baffled how you could accept me after all I put you through."

"I put myself in that situation." Virgo propped herself up on her elbow to look down at Cammie, her soft brown eyes searching Cammie's face. The expression painted upon face told a story of uncertainty, of guilt. "I told you a bit last night. I had expectations about what love should be and how my Soulmate should be. It didn't exactly work out like I imagined it would. It's okay that it didn't work out that way. I needed to grow as a person to deserve you. I had to work hard to be the person you needed. I know I was an asshole before and expected too many things of you too soon, but I've learned patience. I've learned compassion. I've learned love. More importantly, I know what it means to love you. I know things won't always be easy, but supporting you should be the easiest of them all." Virgo took Cammie's hand in her own. "Cammie, I love you so much. I am so happy to be with you. I don't care how we got here. I don't care how long it took. I'm just happy to be here with you now, to love you freely in the way you deserve. That's all I care about. You're all I want."

"I can't tell you happy I am that we chose each other. That you waited for me."

"I would do it a million times over."

Cammie tipped her head up and kissed Virgo, pouring all her love into this simple act of love.

"T'es magnifique," Virgo murmured.

"Merci."

"Tu parles français?"

"Un peu."

Virgo's eyes widened in expectation. "Depuis quand?"

"Un mois."

"Pourquoi?"

Cammie's face contorted in concentration. Virgo watched the wheels turn, waiting expectantly for Cammie to craft another sentence in her mother tongue. After a moment Cammie gave out an embarrassed laugh. "I can't say it in French. I don't know enough."

"C'est pas grave, mon amour. Dis le en anglais."

Cammie released a nervous chuckle, then glanced at Virgo. "I'm taking a French class." Virgo's face colored with surprise, questions filling her eyes. "Yeah, I've been studying. So, I've picked up a little bit."

"Why are you taking a French class?"

"Well, I missed you a lot this last month and . . . Well, it helped me feel closer to you." Virgo could have cried. "But . . . I also applied for a study abroad program. And . . . I got in . . . So I figured I should start learning the language."

Cammie's confession left Virgo momentarily puzzled. Once she worked out the implication of Cammie's words, she shot up in bed. "You what? You're studying abroad? Where? In France?" Cammie nodded. "When did you apply? When do you leave? Where are you studying?" The questions poured from Virgo's mouth.

Cammie laughed and wrapped her arms around Virgo pulled her own on top of her.

"I applied in March. I just heard back."

"March? Why didn't you tell me?"

Cammie laughed. "Well, I was still kind of freaking out about us. I tried to figure out a way to get away. I thought a study abroad would get me out of here for a while, away from you. I didn't know if I was going to go. I was feeling impulsive, so I applied. I was still in denial about us, but I think my curiosity about you got the best of me and I just signed up. I don't really know what came over me, because it really wasn't me. I mean, everyone knows I don't make impulsive decisions. But I guess everything just started to happen and it all happened for a reason."

"Where are you studying?"

"Aix-en-Provence."

"That's where I went."

"I know." Cammie shyly smiled.

"You're going to my old university?"

Cammie nodded.

"And you did all of this before you knew if you loved me? Before you knew about us?"

Cammie nodded again. "I couldn't tell you what possessed me to do it, but it felt like the right thing to do. I guess it was the same feeling that made you move to LA."

"You applied even knowing that you were going to do law school? Won't that interfere with your plans?"

Cammie shrugged. "Yes. I'll graduate late. I chose the year program."

Virgo felt dizzy. "You'll be living in France for a year? You can't graduate from France, can you?"

"No. I'll have to come back for a summer session next summer and finish a few classes."

"Won't your parents be furious?"

"I don't care. They don't own me. Not anymore."

Virgo had to restrain herself from screaming with utter elation. "You're really moving to France?"

Cammie nodded again unable to contain the huge grin that spread across her face. "I was hoping that if I went to school near you that maybe," Cammie paused, her eyes dropping to the side and her cheeks flushing red. She gathered her courage and continued. "That maybe you would move with me? I don't know what your plans are here. I know you're graduating. I wasn't sure if you were planning on move back home?"

"I would do anything for you. Moving back home with you is a dream. I would love to show you my country. I can show you were I grew up."

A vision of walking along the Mediterranean, sipping wine, and enjoying the repose of the South of France filled Cammie with longing.

"You're not mad that I made this decision?"

"Of course not. I told you I would follow you anywhere."

"I'm so happy I have you."

"Your family, though. They won't be mad?"

"I haven't told them."

Virgo's mouth hung open. Could she have heard that right? How could she have made such a drastic decision and not informed her parents?

"You are a crazy girl. You are so different from the girl I met."

"I hope it's a good thing."

"Of course it is. The girl I met was so desperate to please her parents. Now you are running away to France with your girlfriend and pushing off law school. What has gotten into you?"

"I just realized I had to live for myself, not others."

"You have to tell me more about what happened. You just briefly mentioned it last night."

Cammie laughed, but there was an obvious attempt to hide her discomfort. The wound inflicted was still fresh, still stung.

"Yeah. It went badly. Well, actually it went about as well as I thought. I haven't spoken to either of my parents in a month."

Virgo gaped. This was very unlike Cammie—in fact Virgo was certain that Cammie would never choose her over her family. To hear that she not only told her family about their relationship and her sexuality, but that she hadn't spoken to them because of it was astounding. "You haven't spoken to them in a month? Why not?"

Cammie sighed as she was transported back to that night, reliving the scathing words, the disappointed looks her parents cast at her like stones. Though she felt freed, there lingered a small part of herself that she reserved for the love of her family that felt empty.

After outlining the events of that evening, Cammie went on to further explain the complicated relationship she had with her parents. "I guess we just have nothing to say to each other. A line was drawn in the sand. I'm on one side, they're on the other. I destroyed everything for them. Everything they've built me up to be, I've knocked down. I don't think they expected that from me. Jess, obviously. But not me. So I think that they're just too shocked to say anything, hoping I change my mind. Or they've just decided to cut me off completely, which is also very likely."

Virgo shook her head. "They're your parents. I can't believe they would do that to you."

Cammie laughed without humor. "I told you you didn't know my parents."

"I guess I didn't really think any parent would treat their child like that."

"Yeah, well, welcome to America."

Virgo grimaced. The two girls sat in silence for a moment. Cammie was still stuck in that evening. Virgo observed her.

"You don't have any regrets?" Virgo finally asked as she played countless scenarios in her mind in which Cammie regretted her decision to break from her parents.

"No. Not at all." Cammie covered Virgo's hand with her own. "I chose you. I'll choose you every day. Forever. You're my family. You're my home."

Virgo blinked away tears. "Tu es mon cœur. Tu es ma vie. Tu es mon maison. Tout jour."

"Je t'aime."

"Moi aussi."

The girls lay together in bed, admiring their newly found love, reminiscing and reminding themselves how much they have both grown since their Dreams and their first encounter. At some point in the late morning, they began to kiss once more and connected their bodies in a way that only they could know. Both girls were were left breathless just as they were the night before. All sense of time was lost on them as they lay in their own little paradise.

"We should probably get up at some point," Cammie suggested.

"I could lay here with you forever."

Cammie kissed Virgo quickly, then suggested they shower and make some attempt to start their day.

"Do I get to shower with you?"

"If you want," Cammie answered shyly.

The girls moved through abandoned apartment naked, running to the bathroom where Cammie turned the water facet on high heat. They hopped into the shower and Cammie immediately huddled on the stream of warm water. Virgo wrapped her arms around Cammie, absorbing heat from both her body and the small amount of water that cascaded down her back.

"You have to share the water with me," Virgo complained.

"I'm cold."

"I'm cold too!"

"You are a headache, Driver."

Cammie grinned. "Fine, switch with me. I need to wash my hair. The girls bumped each other while they tried to shampoo and condition their hair, knocking over bottles and fighting over control of the water.

"Have you never showered with someone before?" Virgo asked laughing when Cammie refused to move from under the spout of water yet again. She herself was covered in suds from the soap.

"Nope."

"You have to share the water."

"No, I'm too cold."

"You have to move."

"No way."

"I have to rinse off."

Cammie shrugged and grinned.

"Never get between a girl and her warm water," Virgo teased.

"Or what?" Cammie raises a defiant eyebrow.

Virgo moved in close and began to tickle her once again, recalling how ticklish this girl was. Cammie collapses into a fit of laughter, trying to push Virgo away to no avail. Virgo reached above Cammie's head and pulled the shower head from its rest and sprayed Cammie in the face, laughing. Cammie blindly reached for the weapon, but Virgo kept moving it out of her reach and spraying her in the face, laughing. When Cammie finally gave up, Virgo rinsed her hair off with the nozzle still in hand, a victorious smirk plastered on her face.

Cammie laughed. "Okay taking a shower with someone is not as sexy as I thought it would be."

"You wanted it to be sexy?"

Cammie blushed. "I didn't mean—I just meant that this is a lot more of a hassle than what I pictured."

Wordlessly, Virgo replaced the shower head and placed her hands on the small of Cammie's back and behind her neck, pulling her into a full kiss. Their lips and tongues worked together, creating passion and desire.

Virgo pulled away, water cascading down their faces. Cammie gasped and blinked a few times, phasing back into reality.

"Is that what you wanted?" Virgo asked.

"Maybe," Cammie said, drawing Virgo in yet again. Her hands trained down Virgo's sides, resting on her hips. Her lips found the bare skin on Virgo's neck and collarbone. Each kiss was killed with warm water. Both girls kept their eyes closed as water splashed all about. Cammie used her sense of touch to direct herself around Virgo's body, causing her to shiver at Cammie's touch. Soon, Cammie's fingers found the point of desire and the girls fell into each other once again.

"That's what I was expecting our shower to be like," Cammie whispered into Virgo's ear once they finished.

Breathless, Virgo smiled. "I'll keep that in mind."

The girls ruffled their wet hair in their towels then wrapped them around their bodies.

"By the way," Virgo began. "Where's Savannah? I haven't seen her."

"She's been at home this weekend."

"How convenient." Virgo winked.

The girls walked down the short hallway back to Cammie's room, failing to notice that Savannah's door was now open.

"Hey, Cam." Savannah said from her open door as she passed by. "How was your weekend?"

Cammie stopped dead in her tracks and Virgo ran right into her.

It took a moment for Savannah's brain to catch up to what her eyes were seeing. Once they did, Savannah's mouth hung open. "Virgo?" Savannah asked incredulously. "What are you doing here?" Savannah looked between the two girls, noticing Cammie's cheeks burning bright red. "Were you two just . . ." Cammie's eyes grew wide in horror, wondering if Savannah heard anything. "If I promise not to say anything about you two hooking up, will you tell me what the fuck is happening?"

"Why are you always showing up at the worst possible moments?" Cammie asked.

"We live together, idiot."

"You were supposed to be gone this weekend."

"I was gone. Now I'm home. Apparently just in time, too."

Cammie shook her head and pulled Virgo into her room, locking the door behind them. Through the door, Cammie could hear Savannah muttered something about talking to her when they were done changing. Virgo was laughing.

"How does that girl always manage to catch us at the worst moments?"

Cammie was shaking her head. "It's a special talent of hers to be exactly where I don't want her to be, knowing things I absolutely don't want her to know." Though Cammie feigned irritation, Virgo noted a light smile tugging on the corners of her mouth.

"At least she wasn't here last night," Virgo whispered and laughed delighted when she watched the horror and embarrassment cross Cammie's face.

"I hate you both."

"I beg to differ."

"Get dressed," Cammie commanded, throwing her towel at Virgo.

The girls dressed and made their way to Savannah's room to face the inevitable hurricane that was Savannah.

"Okay. What the hell? Virgo you just disappear now you guys are together?"

Cammie shrugged. "I guess?"

"I literally hate you. Tell me what happened!"

Virgo offered an explanation for her disappearance, her decision to return, and Cammie's acceptance. Savannah's face lit up more and more as Virgo progressed through her abridged story. By the end, Cammie swore she would see her friend cry tears of happiness. It was touching to see how affected Savannah was by their relationship. Truly, Savannah cared deeply for Cammie's well being and happiness.

"Well it's about fucking time. I'm so happy for you guys. Come here!" Savannah pulled them both into a group hug. Savannah kissed each of their cheeks in turn. "So you're official now? Like girlfriends."

"Yeah." Cammie answered.

"Holy shit. I have waited six months for this moment. I am so fucking happy. I'm so fucking proud of you guys. We have to go celebrate. We've got to call Jen. Virgo: call Shea and Levi."

Cammie and Virgo exchanges glanced.

"Let's go! Start calling. I'm calling Jen now."

Somehow, all six friends found themselves gathered together on a Sunday night around a large table in a shitty bar with shots in their hands. Somehow, there was no place else they would rather be. The people that meant the most to were there to celebrate. Perhaps it wasn't either of their families, whom they would have both liked to have celebrating this moment, this step forward in their lives. But each was content with this new family, the family they created for themselves.

Savannah announced the toast. "To our good friends, who finally found each other and accepted the love they both deserve. We're so fucking happy to be here with you."

"Cheers!" Everyone cried and clinked their glasses together. They threw back the shots, grimacing from the burning sensation filling their mouths and throats.

Congratulations floated around the table as the friends happily celebrated Virgo and Cammie. The two of them laughed together, their hands latched together by their intertwined fingers. Cammie refused to let of Virgo's hand the moment they left the apartment. Though she couldn't help but wonder what people thought as they walked by, hand-in-hand, she pushed herself past the fear and focused entirely on her love for Virgo.

Cammie leaned over and kissed Virgo's cheek, the alcohol conjuring up a drought of courage.

"So, are you coming to our wedding the ?" Levi leaned over the table to ask Cammie.

"When's your wedding?"

Levi glared at Virgo. "You haven't told her yet?"

Virgo looked guilty. "What is it you Americans say? I plead the first?"

Cammie laughed. "I plead the fifth."

"That. I do that."

Everyone laughed.

"When is your wedding?" Cammie asked.

"July 7th."

"I don't know. Virgo hasn't asked me yet."

"Yeah, if you can give us an answer so we can get a final head count that would be great." Levi said sarcastically to Virgo.

"Yes, I'll be there," Cammie laughed. "I think we need more drinks then, to celebrate you guys." Cammie suggested.

"They're on me," Shea said, jumping up to follow Cammie.

"You can't pay for your wedding shots."

"Aren't we celebrating you tonight?"

Cammie flicked her hand as if to say it wasn't important. Shea put an arm over Cammie's shoulder in a way that Cammie imagined an older brother might.

"I'm so happy you and Virgo found your way back to each other," Shea said when they were out of earshot of the group.

"Me too. I can't believe it took so long."

"Sometimes love is scary. Sometimes it just takes time." As they waited at the bar they both looked over their shoulders at their friends and their lovers. "I'm happy to see her so happy. And to finally see her be herself. She was really closed off. Even to us. I've never seen her so carefree—really carefree; not the fake Virgo that she showed everyone."

"I could say the same. She really helped me figure out who I was. She just kind of knew it was in me and figured out how to get me out. It might be dumb, but I feel like I was just plain slab of marble and she slowly chipped away until there was a real person."

"I don't think it's dumb. I think that's wonderful. I feel like that way with Levi. Like he brought out the best in me."

Cammie hummed her agreement. She considered herself a month earlier, when she watched Virgo with her sister and friends at Jen's party; she felt like the outsider. Then, she hung against the wall, doubting herself. Now she stood with Shea, watching her soulmate, her lover, her heart, confident that Virgo was the girl. Virgo was everything. Will be everything. Virgo was her entire future. Her life. Standing here with Shea felt surreal. She imagined herself just six months earlier: the small, frightened child, puking because of fear and anxiety. Now she stood, confident in her love, in her life. She couldn't be happier.

"She truly is a beautiful person. I feel so lucky. I don't even understand how she waited for me for so long."

"She loves you. More than I think she even understood."

"Yeah . . . I love her too. Even before tonight. I loved her and I didn't realize it."

"You are an incredible person. I know we don't know each other very well yet, but I can see why Virgo fell for you. I always wondered the type of girl Virgo would end up with. I definitely didn't imagine you and yet you're exactly what she needed."

Cammie laughed. "Thank you?"

She's laughed and collected the drinks. "Let's join the party." Cammie oblidged and the two made their way back to the table. In another uncharacteristic gesture, Cammie took a glass and lifted it high into the air.

"To Shea and Levi. My new friends. To my oldest friend, Savannah. To my now good friend and first experiment, Jen." This garnered laughter from the table. "To my Soulmate, the girl who crossed oceans for me and then some. Here's to many years of happiness, friendship, and love."

And they drank.

***

Thank you everyone for reading! And a big thank you to all of the readers who waited patiently for this update. Thank you for all of the support and encouragement. It truly means a lot to me. Of course I write because I love it, but all of your comments really do inspire me and keep me going. So, truly, thank you.

Merci pour la lecture :)