Prolouge-Presence Of The Moon

You still remember her final screech.

The dying cries of Flora as you struck the decisive blow with your blade, as she dissolved into mist. That feeling of overwhelming power, then your vision turning black.

The moon presence had been slain, and you took her place.

  You remember the first few millennia spent in this dream. An infant Great One, with the Doll taking care of you, treating you almost as a son. In a way, she was everything to you. An ally, a mother, a caretaker.

Slowly, you grew, both physically and in power. Over the years, you became child, to young adult, to adult. Years passed, and no soul in the waking realm had the courage-no, the desperation to cry into the abyss of the unknown. Once, a century ago, some cult had formed, worshipping the moon. You listened to them in curiosity, but their devotion was to the moon itself, abandoning the thought of the Great One symbolizing it. So, you didn't answer.

  But... after almost a million years of this...

  "Oh Great One..." you turned your vision towards the doll, as she bowed. In response, you dipped your head as you spoke.

  "You've come to inform me of the prayer, no?" You asked. You had no physical mouth to speak from, so none could tell how you spoke in a fleeting tone, almost like the wind rushing past your ears. The doll gave you a smile, as she turned, walking back to her post in from of the dream workshop.

  Meanwhile, in an alternate realm of the waking world, a woman took to her knees, alone in a circular room. Beside her, on a stool, lay a golden crown. Behind her we're several books, each containing almost indecipherable runes, known to the great ones as Caryll Runes. Outside of the room, two woman in bright dresses stood. The unsuspecting passerby might mistake them for maidens, covering for their friend as they explored a forbidden room.

  None would guess that they were Shadows, guarding their Queen in prayer to a forgotten god.

  "Oh Great One of the Moon, hear my prayer..." Mirellia Melromarc, queen of her country, began her hopeful prayer.

  "My country lies in dire need. Left in the hands of a king who has lost his way, easily swayed by our daughter. Waves of Catastrophe threaten our land, which my husband the king aims to push back with blasphemous means..." with her eyes closed, and nobody in the room, none could see the silver mist beginning to form in the air around her.

  The queen continued her prayer, not noticing the change in the air around her.

  "Protect this country, and help the hero of the shield, should my family forsake him as I fear. For this I ask...." the Queen was about to end her prayer, heart sunk. She opened her eyes, which were slowly tearing up from speaking her emotions, before she noticed the change in the ground. Instead of the wooden floor she had prayed on, the Queen was on a stone pathway. She looked up, to see a hill, upon which, a burnt building resided. Just before the hill curved upward, a life sized doll sat upon a niche made from dirt and stones. She looked around at all the gravestones surrounding the hill, covering the hillside, and the area beside her, before speaking drew her attention.

It was low gibberish, coming from below her. The queen looked down to reveal a small, pale white creature on the ground beside her. Only its upper body, resembling a humans, was visible, holding up a plain white flower.

Mirellia crouched down to face it, gingerly taking the flower from its grasp. Then, in front of her, another appeared. Then another. Crawling out of the ground, all holding white flowers, these creatures made a trail. Cautiously, Queen Mirellia followed them.