Starstruck 35. Unexpected Turn

35. Unexpected Turn

“You’re sulking Frio.” I stared at the ceiling of my room, wishing I could sleep for a long time. “Hey are you there? Don’t ignore me. You know I hate that.”

Shaking my head, I rolled my eyes to no one in particular. She was always like this, pestering me with a phone call. “I’m here Eris. And I’m not sulking. Whatever gave you that idea?”

Eris laughed from the other side of the line. “Ever since virgin girl flew to France a month ago, you’ve barely left your house. Emphasis on the word flew Frio because Dulce didn’t die. She studied abroad. Now quit your sulking and come meet me so we can talk face to face. I hate to admit it but I miss bullying you.”

“I don’t want to leave the house. Let me just stay here, sleep for 4 or maybe 5 years, and maybe, just maybe, when I wake up, she’ll be back in my arms,” I said with a groan, squeezing my eyes shut. “Besides, don’t you have better things to do than bothering me? Play with Patty or better yet, go back to modeling.”

“I am back in modeling,” she snapped. “But fashion week is two months from now so I’m on a well-deserved vacation. Also, need I remind you that I shot a commercial for this big brand a week ago? So yes I’m still desirable and yummy Frio. Thank you very much.”

“Whatever,” I muttered. “Can I go now? I want to sleep.”

I was about to end the call, my finger hovering on the screen of my phone, when Eris blurted something that made me stop. “Dulce called me last night,” she said in a hurry. “She wants you to meet me today. That’s why I called you.”

“She never told me anything the last time we talked,” I said carefully, remembering the conversation I had with my girl the other day. Maybe it was Eris tactic of getting me out of the house, using my Dulce as bait.

She sighed audibly, making me feel as if I was right next to her. “Look, I won’t lie to you about this. She really did call me. Just get your butt in my house so we can discuss about it alright? I’ll expect you to be here in 30 minutes.”

Before I could reply, the line went dead. God. . . I loved Eris as a sister but sometimes she was too nosy for her own good. Couldn’t she just leave me be and let me wallow on my sorrows? Apparently not, I concluded as I got out of the bed.

Walking inside my bathroom, I couldn’t help but halt when I passed the mirror. As I stared at my reflection, I wondered how many pounds I lost since last month. Since Dulce left. Frankly, I looked like a zombie. No wonder she sounded worried whenever we called each other.

 I just wished she was here right now to take care of me. If she was, I would trail my hands on her soft skin, whisper sweet and naughty things to her like I used to do, smash my mouth on her- Okay I really needed to stop before another cry fest started. With a subtle shrug of my shoulder, I proceeded to ready myself.

Thirty minutes later, Eris greeted me with a kiss on both cheek before I was able to stop her. She knew I hated that, yet there she was doing it to me. “It’s been a while since you’ve been here Frio. Welcome back to my home.” She stood aside, letting me walk inside the front door.