Chapter 1001

Controlled by Someone

This time, Imperial Concubine Yun’s stay in the Chun Palace was rather peaceful. She did not mess around and did not make any changes to the Chun Palace. She spent her days obediently staying in her own courtyard, sometimes going into a daze for the entire day.

But with her like this, the servants were a little confused. The people of the Chun Palace were accustomed to Imperial Concubine Yun making a fuss every time that she came, tearing down houses or digging up paths. This time, she suddenly stopped causing a fuss, yet they were not accustomed to it?

When Feng Yu Heng arrived, some of the servants secretly told her: “Princess, advise the madam! Don’t let her feel too bored. The boredom will end up doing damage to her.”

Feng Yu Heng also understood this reasoning. She thought for a bit then simply pulled out some nice things from her space to play with Imperial Concubine Yun. Imperial Concubine Yun gave her some face, as she was very interested in the lipstick, cushions, facial creams, eyeshadow and things of that variety that she had brought out. Picking them up, there was no end to her questions.

Feng Yu Heng let out a sigh of relief. She was not afraid of Imperial Concubine Yun asking. She was worried that Imperial Concubine Yun would not ask. If these things that were a topic of discussion for women failed to attract her attention, she really would need to take a look at Imperial Concubine Yun’s health.

She led Imperial Concubine Yun along and spoke about each one. She revealed every bit of knowledge that she had on makeup products, and all that was missing was for her to recount tales of each brand. But in the end, it was not enough to take up all of the time. As she spoke, Feng Yu Heng’s shallow pool of knowledge about makeup products was exhausted. Unable to think of anything else, the two just smiled at each other until a gloomy look appeared on Imperial Concubine Yun’s face once more.

There was nothing that Feng Yu Heng could do, thus she frankly said to Imperial Concubine Yun: “Imperial concubine mother, if you have something that you want to say, just say it. Just holding it in isn’t any way to do things. Since it’s already happened, none of us can pretend that it is not there. Deliberately avoiding things is not the best way to solve problems. If you are unhappy, as your children, we are also quite angry. Let’s talk about it. A-Heng will also tell imperial concubine mother about what is currently known along with my own analysis.

With her saying this, Imperial Concubine Yun instantly became spirited, urgently asking: “Tell me, what exactly has possessed the old man?” Imperial Concubine Yun had determined that the Emperor had been possessed, as she said: “If he had not been possessed, it’s impossible for something like this to have happened. I understand him.”

“Imperial concubine mother.” In regards to the Emperor’s matters, Feng Yu Heng really wanted to hear what Imperial Concubine Yun thought. After all, Imperial Concubine Yun was the one who understood the Emperor. There were many things that she would understand better, thus she asked: “Have you really summarized this matter as Father Emperor having been possessed?”

Imperial Concubine Yun nodded her head earnestly, “That’s right, he’s been possessed. Do you not feel that this entire situation feels quite odd? A person’s nature will not change. If you were to say that a young person felt that someone was great because they could not get her, it might be that they would feel that she was just like all the others once they actually get her. But the old man is already at this age. If he was that sort of a person, there would not have been peace in the inner palace for over 20 years. If he wanted to change for the worse, he would have done it long ago. Why bother waiting through his prime years to start messing around in his waning years?” As she said this, she sighed with a hint of sadness, “At this age, how many more years can he mess around for? It would be better for him to calm down a little and live a little longer.”