2. Sailing In The Same Boat

'Arnav bitwa, have this coffee' - Mami kept the hot liquid on his hand.

ASR began sipping it unmindfully, savouring the dark bitter taste of his favourite bevarage.

His weary eyes rested at his Nani lying pale on the hospital bed, attached to all sort of machines...

He kept the coffee mug on floor and walked upto the glass window to have a better look of his Nani.

'Nani... If she too leaves him behind, alone, what will he do?' - The thought of losing her brought an ache in his heart.

How will he survive the loss...

'Bhai....' - Aakash kept his hand on his elder brother's shoulder.
She is his dadi too...

'Yeah... I was just...' - Arnav's voice trailed away.

'Arnav Bitwa, let's go home, you need rest and food, then your medicine... Sasuma will be fine. You need to take care of yourself first. Let's go home for a while bitwa' - His mami cajoled to take him home.

His body is tired, he is drained both physically and emotionally...

He just pushed his Nani down the stairs damn it!!
How can he go home and take rest??

'Then I too am going no where leaving my Arnav Bitwa'-Mami say crossed legged on the hospital corridor chair.

'They will scold us for this. Only one person is allowed to stay with the patience...'-Aakash alerted.

His family is such noisy...
They are always together through thick and thin..
No one will buzz from their places until doctor instruct them.

'I will just come...' - ASR said to no one particular.
He just need a fresh breath.

Hospital is killing him..
The smell of medicine is torturing him..
The guilt of pushing Nani down is chocking him...

He walked out of the corridor to the garden.

This is so thoughtful of the hospital faculty to grow a garden...
People like him need this peace.

He sat on a bench and closed his eyes.
This has to end.

Nani has to understand that he, is son of a leech.
No one deserve someone like him.

Nani, the kindhearted, golden woman..
She had to loss her husband, See the suicide of her daughter and her so called husband, his father... Breaking of her grand daughter and her wedding...

What is more to come??
He looked at his sinner hands. With this hand, he pushed his own nani down!!
His palm curled in to a fist and dashed against the bench breaking it...

She even witnessed her grandson turning in to a monster just for himself, to protect himself against emotions, weakness... be a pillar of strength for his family.

She deserve better...

Aakash is fine.
He has a wife in form of payal...

But he, Arnav Singh Raizada is born to remain single, die single...

'Arre... Why are you so angry?' - He heard angelic voice.

'Beause I am so powerless infront of death'- He let out his frustration on nothing particular.

She laughed...
Imagining his charming face blended with all those Yama character she watched in Hindi fillims, sitting on a fat buffalo, holding a long chain of black and yellow in hand.

ASR...
His big big tall offices, large sum of money, couldn't buy an extra day of life for nani..
He drew a breath of regretion.

The voice walked beside him, to sit near him, maintaining descend distance.

White dress...
Open hair...
Goddess like feet...
Colourful jooti... Slender leg..
His eyes run up..

Her eyes are magical.

He heard a sniff.
Why is this angel sniffing now??

'What happened??' - He asked unwilling, trying to share his grief, his fate...

'Nothing..., Hum Khushi, My Buaji is sick. They said it was heart attack, a minor one' - She sniffed more.

His hand itched to console her.
But he is not good at words...
Heck!
He never consoled anyone...

'Why are you silent now?' - She urged him to talk.
Heck. He asked about her problem, she replied, their conversation ended there.

'Why won't she get a heart attack?? Shyamlal, the house owner suddenly increased rent, that too 5000 in a go..water and electricity bill separately. How can she manage with phuphaji's pension that is twenty five thousand a month, Upar se Delhi itna mehanga hai? Tabhi toh she had a heart attack..' - She said.

'Khushi...its fine. We all have our problems to deal with. Your buaji will be fine soon...' - He responded well.
He was surprised with himself, his behaviour.

May be emotions are running high in his system, to find an anchor, to receive some support...
May be he is feeling a little easy that he is not alone, he is atleast not alone in the fear of losing his dear one.

'Why are you here??' - Khushi poked her nose in his matter.

'My nani is sick, very sick' - He shared his problem.

'Is she fine now?? May Devi Maiyya cure her soon...' - sympathy flooded from her voice.

ASR linked his fingers in a cross and sat keeping it on his knee..., 'She will be fine'.

'Then why are you sad?comeon, relax now...' - She spread her calmness through his veins...

'I put her in the hospital... I am a monster' - He detailed,'I pushed her from the first floor and she fell rolling down'.

'Haww....how can you push your own nani, even if you are a monster' - Khusui stood from her place, placing her hands on hips.

'We have been arguing continuously... It was fine until she was not sick and hospitalized. She wanted me to fulfill her wish and I am unable to do that' - Arnav confided.

'Fulfill her wish then. Let Naniji have  her happiness... She deserve it from you' - Khushi advised.

Arnav shrugged his shoulder off...
Shall he tell what the real problem is!!

'She wants a grand daughter in law, Khushi...' - He revealed.

'Then buy her one, from store... Online order mat karna, they are cheater' - Khushi behaved dumb.
(specially for the Darling itsmeprabha)

ASR glared her mockingly...
'Sorry... What's your name??' - She bit her tongue realizing her folly .

Arnav Singh Raizada...