Chap. 12 Hidden Feelings

Blizzard took us to a den a little ways away from where we met him. It seemed alone, no one else, no pack. Was he a loner or something?

  "Hey, wheres the rest of your pack?" Nate asked, before I could even try.

  "My pack?" Blizzard asked, his voice confused as if he had never heard such a word.

  "I think that's what Nate said." End dwindled. Blizzard took a while to answer,

"Oh, well umm..." he started.

"I did have a pack at one time but, I guess, I just maybe got thrown out or something." Blizzard said, hinting stress at the question.

  "You mean, you don't know?" Dawn gasped.

  "Yeah..." he mumbled.

  "What's so bad about that!" he barked. End looked at him crossly,

  "Everything!" End snarled angrily.

  "Just because you wolves have a pack doesn't mean I have to have one!" Blizzard snarled back protectively.

  "You must really hate your family!" End said, ruffling her fur in aggression.

  "End, stop." I barked at End. She turned to me, her eyes darker than the darkest sky.

  "I don't hate them..." Blizzard interrupted, lowering his head.

  "I guess they sort of hated me..." he finished. End choked,

  "S-sorry, Blizzard." she said, her kind, usual, tone returning.

  "It's fine..." Blizzard said, he shook the words off and walked us into his den proudly.

"End, why so aggressive?" I asked End as the others disappeared into Blizzard's den.

"I, uh, I'm just tired." End replied, merely walking past me. I was left alone outside, my thoughts must had left as well, for I was looking around blindly. I could see yet I felt so blank. Memory after memory steered my blankness, I thought I could almost hear the voice of my father.

  "Shasta, what are you doing out here?" Eclipse's cewing voice said. I snapped back into the world, Eclipse was standing in the den opening.

  "I was just thinking." I said to her. She smiled and went back into the den, I following her.

When inside the den, it seemed big for a forest den. Tree roots were coming through the cracks of the den walls. My friends all were sleeping or laying together talking about things.

  Blizzard was at the far corner of the den, he was curled in a ball asleep. I couldn't help but love his blueish white fur, which made me think of the winter sky back at my pack's territory.

  Somehow as I lay beside my friends I thought of when I were a pup, oh such a short time ago. How my friends looked and how we never cared about the worries our world was about to face. So young, so carefree, it's so sad how fast it all left.

  As I closed my eyes I could feel warmth caress my body, I opened one tired eyelid. My friends all lay in heap, even our newest friend Blizzard lay beside us. I closed my eyes once more hearing sounds, cews of sleep and snores of dreamers.

  (Hi, guys just wanted to say I will be adding the pup version of every main character which as you know is Shasta, End, Asher, Flame, Nate, Dawn, Eclipse, and Blizzard. I am making an individual chap for each character, this was Shasta's. But I am making a fun thing were you have to guess which wolf pup version I'm showing as the cover pic for each chap.) *Put your guess in the comments*