Chap. 13 Echoing Awakening

As I slept I drempt of my first flight, when my friends who were all almost the same age as I, first got the taste of flying. Oh, it was the best. That was just before my mother was killed, I miss her so, but any who.

Our wings were almost just fuzz and feathers, and all of us looked so different. End was wicked fast, no one ever won against her, Flame had very small wings, which now outgrow most all my friend's wings, Nate had long tufts that stuck out of his wings making him look ridiculous, but now he is quite handsome, Dawn who was the smallest of us was so timid yet she was so excitable, and of course Eclipse. Eclipse was a darling at heart and beautiful too.

I was always behind them as a pup, hardly ever was I aloud to play with them. I was always being taught how to do other things that only my father would want me to do. My mother would say,

"When are just going to let Shastie go outside like the other pups?" I loved her nickname she gave me, 'Shastie', it makes my heart flurry to hear that in my mind.

Afterwards my father would reply,

"She isn't like the other pups!" he would bark. Then against my father's wants my mother would push me out the den opening, letting me run to my friends.

Suddenly, a bang awakened me. The others were wide awake as well, the den opening showed the outside clearly. It looked to be late at night, or at least turning dawn.

"What was that?" End whispered, just as another bang clattered the air.

"I don't know, End." I said, again another bang much louder boomed.

"WE KNOW YOUR OUT THERE!" an echoing voice rang through the forest followed by the sound of birds.

"Alpha!" Asher snarled, he knew the voice. But now what were we to do, wait to be killed?