Chap. 25 Hunting for Guidance

We looked at our surroundings for good hunting game, after a while we found a large group of moose. I hated killing things but at least we did the kill with dignity, for the enemy kills their food with a strike to the neck to watch it suffer. Packs that my kind and my friend's packs usually make a fast kill, hopefully to end all its suffering.

  Well, we first spread out. Making a moon shape around the all the moose, then one by one we all ran forward. Attacking two older moose that seemed slower and a bit more skinny. We successfully won our food fairly, all of us digging in like hogs. All of course except Slash and Storm who probably ate before.

  When we all finished the only scraps left were on the ribs and hooves of the great beasts. We all lay satisfied on the snow, Zero must had not ate in weeks, for when he finished he was two times plumper than before. Maybe even more so.

  Zero had been staying close to Blizzard, maybe because he was his same breed. Or maybe he just missed his family who likely had been killed by the crystal snakes.

     "We better be going, the crystal snakes don't die." Slash said to us.

      "Really!" I yelled in alarm.

      "Yeah, and this time they won't use the sleep poison on you." Storm said with a grim huff. We all got up and stretched, Zero still lay in the snow practically falling asleep. Blizzard sighed and nudged him,

      "Get up Zero, we need to leave." Blizzard said turning his head. Zero groaned and picked himself up with effort. Then Blizzard did something so nice I may never stop thinking about it. He picked Zero up by the scruff and put him on his back, balancing him with his wings.

       "Aww." Eclipse said looking at this like myself.

      "What are you looking at!?" Blizzard growled glaring at Eclipse and I. We smiled and walked on with the others.

    (Short chap.)