|1|: Prologue

"Drip drop. Drip drip drop. The blood trickles down. A crimson pool. Drip drop. The blood trickles down. Oh oh, the blood trickles down~." A young girl sang happily, while kicking her legs back and forth, as she sat upon a tree branch.

  "Codename Crimson devil, would you please shut up and pay attention to mission." An angry voice said through an earpiece. The young girl in question, simply rolled her eyes.

"You're no fun codename Doku. And for your information, I am paying attention to the mission. I've been sitting here for an hour and a half, and the enemy hasn't made a move. I'm so fucking bored." The girl responded in a bored tone.

  "And another thing, can you please stop swearing so much. It's unbecoming of a child." Doku said in an exasperated tone.

  "Codename Crimson devil and Codename Doku, both of you need to stop arguing and pay attention." An annoyed voice said.

"Codename Fox fire nii san, tell Doku to stop being an ass." The young girl whined.

"Codename's Crimson devil, Doku and Fox fire; stop talking and pay attention. The enemy has started to make their move." An authoritative voice commanded.

  The young girl smiled excitedly. "Finally!" She said, before standing up on the branch. "Codename Nightmare, do I have permission to engage the enemy?" She asked.

  "Affirmative. But, be careful." The voice responded.

  "Yes sir!" The girl yelled. "Alright bad guys, prepare to bleed!" She yelled with a sadistic smile adorning her face, before she jumped out of the tree and rushed at the enemy.

"Psychopath." Codename Doku muttered before jumping out of his hiding spot.

~small time skip~

  An hour later, almost all the enemy ninja were dead. However, there was one more that was putting up quite a fight.

   The young girl, who had been excitedly fighting her enemies with a crazed smile on her face, was covered head to toe in blood; none of which was her own. With a simple swing of her katanas, she had managed to take out most of the enemy ninja.

  "Ooh, this is so much fun! The blood, the guts. What beautiful crimson pools!" The girl exclaimed, before licking blood off one of her Katana blades.

  "Can you please try not to enjoy killing so much?" Codename Doku said as he appeared next to her.

The young girl simply shrugged. "What's the point of doing the work, if you don't try to enjoy it?" She responded nonchalantly. Codename Doku rolled his eyes.

   As the two bickered, the last enemy ninja charged at them, but before he could even land a hit, the young girl looked at him and smirked sadistically.

"Secret technique... molecular burst." She said in an innocent voice. Her eyes glowed a crimson red and the enemy ninja stopped in his tracks and screamed in agony, as his body distorted into a strange shape, before exploding. Blood sprayed everywhere, and covered the young girl and her fellow partner.

  "Pink mist!" She yelled with childish excitement.

"Yeah. Great. Did you have to kill him right next to me? I'm covered in blood." Codename Doku complained. The girl rolled her eyes. "Oops, my bad. I guess I won't save you next time." She said sarcastically before skipping away.

***

   As the girl skipped merrily through the woods and back to base camp, one of her teammates dropped from the trees to walk next to her.