Picnic and Questions

The Kirkland Manor was enclosed by a brick fence with a large, tall gate made of mahogany wood. It stood near the center of the village, close to the Frazier Manor. A brown haired man stood by the entrance, greeting Arthur with a smile. “There you are, my love! Had fun exploring?” the man's blue eyes shone with delight at seeing Arthur. 

“Hilde and I had a lovely, peaceful walk, Cen.” he replied, beaming at the man. “Have you finished your patrols?” 

Cenric chuckled at the blond's expression. “Yes, yes. All done with morning patrol, teacup.” he winked at Arthur, chuckling at the inspiration shining in the emerald green eyes of his betrothed. Arthur blushed at the blatant flirting the soon to be Village Head showered him with. 

“Come on, then.” Cenric straightened his Royal tunic. Arthur looked at him, confusion written on his face. “We've a picnic to get to!” Was the only explanation the blue eyed man gave his betrothed.

“Oh? Where?”

“Now, that would be telling, darling~” Cenric found Arthur's pouting face to absolutely adorable, as always. He wanted time to hurry up so he could finally have his beloved in bed with him.

-_-_-_-_-

“Wait! I thought they were already together?”

“They were promised, right?”

“That's right. But Arthur had to be twenty one before they could consummate the Bond.”

“Oh.”

“Anyhow…”

-_-_-_-_-

The picnic was set up in the Kirkland Family's garden. 

There were two large, blue and red picnic blankets where Arthur's older sister and their mother were relaxing. Even when braided, his sister's dark red hair easily reached the middle of her back. His mother, on the other hand, had her light blond hair freely flowing down, the ends slightly fanning out behind her.

Arthur went to them with a greeting, letting Hilde go and relax by herself. She usually stays within their vicinity, so he wasn't worried too much. "Good afternoon, my ladies," he said with a slight bow, one hand placed on his chest. His mother sighed at his antics while his sister went along with his greeting. 

"It is indeed a good afternoon, lovely gentleman." She replied, standing up. She held the skirt of her light blue gown in her hands as she curtsied. "To what do we owe the pleasure of your visit?" Her deep green eyes were alight with mischief as she shared a look with Arthur.

"Eileen," their mother chastised, "don't treat your brother that way." She pretended to dust off the sleeve of her violet blue dress before giving the pair a stern look. "I do apologise, Cenric." She turned to look at the man engaged to her son, green eyes dark with regret. "I do not know why they act so improper at times."

"Oh, no worries, ma'am." Cenric replied with a smile pointed at Arthur. "I must admit, the informality plays a role in my falling for your son." He blew Arthur a kiss, smirking in delight at the flushed look on the blonde. 

His family wears such regal clothes, as befitting of nobles who shall be my in-laws. He smirked in satisfaction at the thought. Soon, I can finally have you all to myself. He became slightly impatient, as he saw Arthur's cousin giving the blond a hug. 

Seamus stood a few inches taller than Arthur and made it a habit to ruffle his cousin's hair as frequently as possible. Arthur wished he could retaliate, but he always ended up just combing his fingers through the slightly older man's light blond hair. Like at that very moment, for example.