Of Plans and Dreams

AN

To those still reading this story, thank you. This is an interlude showcasing the other characters. Hope you enjoy it~

Ten summers ago

Cara placed the parchment down on her desk. She sighed, one of her hands began rubbing her forehead. She sighed, frowning at the parchment. It was a report on recent demon activities, but she found herself unable to focus.

The lady was wondering why her husband was so adamant about the union between her Arthur and Cenric.

Of course, there was a certain advantage for their family to be allied to a family as magical as the Frazier's, but she was rather concerned. She tried her best not to show her worries. Often, she would have to berate herself for even doubting.

She was Arthur's mother and a mother's instincts are usually the best defense anyone has. So, she always watched Arthur's interactions with Cenric. From their childhood up to now, and well into the future, she will not stop observing them.

Cenric has proven, repeatedly, that he would treasure Arthur even though her instincts screamed that something was wrong… she couldn't understand why she felt there was a hidden motive behind the red head's sweet and loving treatment of her son…

Taking a deep breath, she shook her head and attempted to focus on the report instead. She would let time answer her questions, as she felt it was the right thing to do.

If only she had known what that choice would do to her family in the future, perhaps she would have chosen a different path.

Back to the present day

Feliciano was absently hovering in his cell, feet not touching the ground, at all. His eyes were dull with tears silently falling down his cheeks. He stayed there, in the darkness, listening as Yong and Arthur comforted both Leon and Yao.

He felt an old, cold rage fill his heart at the memory of his grandfather, and his parents. He wanted to curse the humans for putting his brother in the state he was in. However, something kept him from going into all out war with the humans. 

He didn't know why, but his instincts told him to wait. For what, he hadn't known. Until he met Arthur, and even then, he hadn't fully understood.

He had wondered why the blond was quickly becoming important to him. They have not spent that much time together. They certainly have not been nice or friendly with each other most of the time.

"We'll come by tomorrow, guys. It's already evening, and Artie, at the least, will be missed if he doesn't show up for dinner." Yong's voice was almost a whisper, but that did nothing to keep his words from echoing in the eerie silence of the room.

Feliciano silently listened as the two Hunters left the caverns. He listened until their soft voices and the sound of their footfalls could no longer be heard. He listened as Yao still attempted to keep his cries quiet. 

He listened as Leon took a shaky breath before saying, 'come here, brother… we'll sleep better if we can touch and hold each other…'

Feliciano listened until he heard his two companions breathing evenly, finally able to sleep. When all was quiet and calm, only then did he prepare himself for a sleepless night. There were no cots for then to rest on, just the ground. 

He lay on his stomach, using his arms as a makeshift pillow. His wings stretched out as he sighed. He didn't even bother closing his eyes, he knew he would just see awful memories if he did.