4.

By the time 5pm came around on Friday I was a bit disappointed to be finished for the next 2 days. There had been no more impromptu outings with the boss and since Wednesday I'd been shadowing Adele, the secretary to the head of the finance department. Mr Styles words echoed in my head as I found myself struggling to keep my brain engaged all day. It did seem pointless shadowing someone who seemed to have half the work load I would allegedly have. However, although the pace was a bit slower than I was hoping for and Adele had a much different work ethic to me I was enjoying learning so much about the company.

The clock struck 5 and already Adele had packed up and was pulling her coat on. I guess that would be us finished then

"Are you coming?" She asked, knoting her scarf around her neck as I pushed my notebook back in to my handbag and stood from her desk.

"I think I'm going to head up to my office and get a few things sorted before I go" I replied, standing and shimmying my pencil skirt back down my thighs. My weekend was mostly going to be spent finding a few key pieces to expand my work wardrobe. I had one decent suit, 2 pencil skirts and a handful of appropriate blouses. I needed to up my game if the other women in the office were anything to go by. I don't think I'd seen Adele wear even the same pair of shoes in the 3 days I'd been shadowing her.

"Ok" Adele gave an uninterested shrug as she passed me and left me alone in her office. She definitely wasn't impressed with my dedication in my first week.

Her office was smaller than mine and seemed very bare for someone that had held the same position for the last 3 years. There seemed to be very little filing or order, which added to her lazidasical attitude that she'd been showing me for half the week. Though I did notice her white leather tub chair looked far more comfortable than the blue bastard I had in my office. I wonder who she went to to get that.

I closed Adele's door over and headed to the stairwell. The office was already starting to quieten as people took advantage of a respectable finish time on a Friday and were leaving to make the most of their weekends. Seeing as I had nothing and no one to go home to I might as well make the most of the quiet time to update my computer and start reorganising my office. Although Adele's office was pretty bare it had given me some inspiration on how I wanted to set mine up. Namely, nothing like hers.

Mostly everyone on my floor had left but their were still a few bodies lingering around. I smiled at Brian, one of the interns as I passed his desk. He was one of the few friendly people I'd managed to say hello to when I passed them in the break room.

"Is that you heading home, Ronnie?" He piped up. I was a bit surprised by his sudden outburst, he had never said much to me before tonight but not wanting to appear rude I stopped to chat.

"Not yet. Got a few things to sort before I go" I smiled in return.

"No big Friday night plans?" Brian wasn't a bad looking guy, a bit older than me, but the way his eyes travelled from my shoes to my chest sent a shiver of apprehension down my spine.

"Not for me. I hope you enjoy your evening" I tried for my most convincing smile as I quickly escaped the conversation and his overcurious eyes and slipped in to my office and closed the door behind me. My eyes were drawn to the door leading in to Mr Styles office but it was closed and the blinds covering the slim window beside the door were drawn. The room looked like it was in darkness but it was hard to tell.

I sat down in my blue office chair. I really would need to think about asking someone for a new chair. I'd spent very little time in this chair this week but already it was killing my back. But who would I ask? Mr Styles? The thought brought a smirk to my lips. Fat chance he'd be up for getting me a new chair. He'd probably stare at me in disdain and refuse to answer me. Maybe, I could swap it for one of the suede grey ones out in the main office. They at least had arms.