Chapter 4 - Chemistry

I'm glad I went for a walk with Peter, because I'm having a blast. He talks a lot and is a total clown. 

First, I show him all the clothing and shoe stores, where I've actually been spending a lot of time with Becky. We park our bikes at the top of the street and walk the rest of the way.

We're walking and chatting, and I see a casual pink dress that I like, and pause to look at it. Peter encourages me to go in and try it. What?! I thought men hated shopping with women.

I go into the store and put it on in the fitting room. I like the way it fits me, showing off my curves, and so I show it to Peter, who's waiting outside.

"Wow, that looks incredible. You have to get it!"

"I liked it too," I say, looking in the mirror.

"You really like pink."

"It's actually my favorite color."

"No kidding! That was a hard one to guess." Peter says sarcastically. I grab my scarf from the fitting room floor and throw it at him.

After buying the dress, we walk to the Grote Markt square, the most popular in Groningen. The square has a huge church tower called Martini, and we walk all the way to the top to check out the Groningen view.

We take a few selfies together, and Peter tells me to do some poses, acting like a photographer. He gets all artsy and takes a few pictures of me. I also always thought guys didn't have the patience to take many pictures. Who is this boy?!

"You have to pose with your back slightly facing towards me, half on your side, looking out towards the city, so that you look like you were caught off guard."

After snapping a bunch of pictures of me, he convinces me to take a few pictures of him as well. However, mine aren't as artistic because all he does is goof around.

We come back down from the tower and sit on the square's stairs eating kebabs that Peter insisted on paying for. I hope he doesn't think this is a date. He saw me with Hardin, right?

"Are you enjoying the tour so far? There's not a lot I can show you. Well, there probably is, but I just don't know it yet. " I take a bite out of my kebab.

"Yeah, it's a beautiful city, thanks for being my guide. There's mayo on your mouth," says Peter as he looks at me and stretches out his hand to clean it, but I clean it with a napkin instead. I don't think it's a good idea for him to touch me.

"It's not my fault that these things are so difficult to eat!" Peter laughs at my embarrassment.

"You're cute." Here it is, finally, something that a normal guy would do, praise me. But I don't know why, this feels natural and not as if he wanted to take me to bed. Weird.

"Thanks."

"I'm glad I found you at the dorm today."

"Hey, relax, you've just met me. Wait until you meet my bad side."  I smile at him. I feel comfortable around him in ways I don't feel around other people. 

"Wait until you see mine,"  he says, but I don't think he's got a bad side, at least like I do.

"Yeah, I can tell you're a little saint." I poke fun at him.

"I am. You're right."

"I'm always right. When we're done here, wanna grab a beer?"

"Are you trying to get me in trouble? I'm a saint, I don't drink."

"You don't?"  I'm a little surprised.

"Of course I do. I was kidding," he says as he chews. Even with his mouth full he's sweet.