Chapter 1

COVEN
"I'll see you next time alright,Joan" I said to my last patient of the day.
Checking the time I started to pack up a few of my things to take home with me. My practice wasn't to far from my home that I shared with my husband,sons,and our dogs.

As I was walking to my car I wonder if Brennan,my husband, would be home. He owns multiple businesses making him easily a billionaire and that's not including his family businesses that he now runs as well.

Brennan and I are two totally different people I had to work hard to become what I am today which is a psychiatric, that also owns her own practice.
Meanwhile All Brennan had to do was turn a certain age and attend college than bam instant billionaire.

I loved my Husband but after our youngest son turned 5 it's like he changed. Khotan,our oldest, is 10 years old and Zaiden,our youngest, is 8 ..... so you get the hint.

Once I was home I dismissed our nanny and started on dinner. Our home is always quiet besides a little bark every now and then from our two dogs. My kids barely speak to me and I know it's just because they see how their father treats me, so they think it's ok to do the same.

Every time I try to correct them they tell their father which leads to an argument. Khotan always tells me he wish he had a different mom and Zaiden only cares for me when I cook.

As soon as I was calling the boys down for dinner the front door opens. Sending Milo and Rocky,our two boxers, to the door. I was shocked he made it on time.

The boys rushed to him greet him then went to the table. They've always been their father sons, I'm pretty sure they love their father more than me.

"Well hello stranger" I greeted him with a smile only to have him stare at me ,while taking off his jacket so he could sit down.

Dinner was fill with only the boys talking to their father and them getting mad when I would chime in.

I have to admit I was very hurt, but I tried to not let it show.

After dinner was done I cleaned the kitchen, and started laundry. I was pass exhausted by this point and was ready to go to bed, walking up the stairs to our room, I froze when I heard Brennan on the phone.

"I'm going to give her the papers tonight babe, and I'll call you tomorrow beautiful" he hung up as soon as I walking in.

" Coven, we need to talk, I know you probably heard my conversation, and all I have to say is thank god you're not a spy"he said, chuckling.

"What papers do you have to give me Brennan" I said getting to the point.

"Coven I want a divorce. You remember before I got with you, my first love Peyton" he said

"Yes" I couldn't stop the tears threatening to fall

" we've rekindled our love and I'm leaving you for her. I've been cheating on you with her for about 2 years. I never wanted to hurt you but I can't be with you anymore and don't worry the boys love her" he said walking out of the room and back

" Here sign these and don't take forever please" I looked at the papers and threw them down.

" No, I'm not signing those papers."I stated in shock, this really can't be happening.

"Coven-" I cut him off

"I LOVED YOU, I've been through so much with you and for you. I almost died for you because you wanted a second child. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY DOING THIS TO ME NOW, what will your parents think." I shouted looking at him

"DON'T YOU DARE BRING MY LIVING PARENTS INTO THIS. Look just stop being difficult, and look at it this way the kids don't love you, they love Peyton.I don't love you, I love Peyton. Everyone loves Peyton. You have two days then I'm taking you to court." He said bumping my shoulder as he walked out.

The next morning

I woke up and decided to take the day off  to try cope with what happened last night. He's been cheating on me for two years. How could I be so dumb? Did he ever love me? So many questions raced through my mind at this point.

I felt alone all over again, My parents were traveling Doctors, meaning they had to fly to different places. While flying back home their plane went down and they both died. I was 16 at the time and I was lonely and angry. My grandma took me in until she passed as well. I was 18 when she passed.

I was truly alone, while in college I met this guy at a party one of my friends at the time, brought me to. He was getting over his first love and I was drunk.

We were totally opposite but that's what was fun about it all. Fast forward a few years later we got married, had kids and now here we are.

My parents left me their home and property. So I wouldn't be homeless I guess. I looked at the papers one more time before walking out of the room.

I walked towards the kitchen where I found both of the boys eating breakfast. "I have a question for the both of you" I said looking at them, with my eyes already full of tears.

Nether of them spoke, they only looked up.
" if mommy would never come back home would either of you miss me" I asked, they both shook their heads no. "Ok one more, do either of you love me" I had a little hope left that they would say yes

"No mom gosh we don't want you around please go" Khotan yelled storming off

I look at Zaiden "mom I like you when you cook" and with that being said he walked off.

I walked back upstairs pulling my suitcase out and packing a few things in them. I grabbed the pen and hesitantly signed papers.

Welp looks like it's time to call my lawyer and Mrs.James!

Hello!!
This was the official first chapter of The wife that got away I hope you all enjoyed it and there will be more to come.