Chapter 2

COVEN
(2 days later)

Brennan was beyond happy when I gave him the papers fully signed. I was definitely heartbroken without a doubt.

I moved into my parents house and was now in the middle of redecorating, when I heard the doorbell go off. I peeped outside to see who it was and I couldn't be anymore happier when I saw bestfriend.

I open the door and saw that Brixton had bags of stuff in her hands "Aww baby come here" she said dropping the items and hugging me. Of course she knew what happened, she's my bestie!!!!

" Co I don't understand why you signed the papers so easily" she said opening the bottle of wine she brought.

"B, here's what I've realized you can only do so much for people before you grow tired of it all. I've tried for years to get Brennan's attention and although my heart is completely shattered, this divorce is probably what's best for everyone. I' ll always love my children and their father but I will not continue to be treated this way" I told her with tears coming down my face

" I'm so sorry that they've made you feel this way Coven I really am but look you know that I'm always here for you no matter what, and I love you to the moon and back. Brennan doesn't know what he's giving up. Now enough of all of this and let's talk about other problems like how you finna redo this house" she said making me laugh.

Fast forward
(1 month)

Today is the day we finalize the divorce. I missed seeing my kids so much but I know what I have to do.

I asked Brennan to bring Khotan since he was the oldest and could speak for him and his brother.

We were settled inside a room, waiting for the judge to come in. I kept looking between Khotan and Brennan, Khotan was bound to be a heartbreaker just like his father.

The judge finally came in and we started. Brennan explained why he wanted the divorce. It was my turn to say everything that I needed too.

"Your honor, Mr. James can have the house, and everything in it, since the boys will most likely be with him and I don't want to rip them away from their home. I also will like to sign my rights to both of my boys to Mr.James." I said leaving everyone in the room with a shocked look.

"And why would you like to do that Ms. Black" the judge asked

" My children do not want me in their lives and I'm not going to force them with anything that they don't want. My children do not love me or need me. You can ask Khotan right here and if his answer is different then we can coparent." I said sitting back in my chair.

"Mr.khotan this is an very important question, do you love your mother"
"No"

"Do you or your little brother need your mother in your life in any way,shape or form."
"No"

"Welp I hereby grant full custody of both boys to Mr.James and I believe that we are done here" the Judge got with our lawyers then shortly after that left. 

We signed more papers that the lawyers needed then we were free to go. As I was walking out to my car Brennan grabbed my arm.

"You really gave up our children" he said turning me around

"Can we not discuss this in front of your kid" I shot back

He stood there staring at me.

"Now if you would like to talk, I will be going back to your house to get the rest of my belongings." I said, walking to my car. I don't know where this new confidence is coming from but I'm liking it.

Back at Brennan's house

I walked inside of the house seeing that I beat the boys here but there was another familiar car here.

The car belonged to no other than Brennan's mother April.

I walked into the house greeting his mother who always treated me like her daughter.

"Hello Mrs.James" I greeted

"Coven, you know that I would like for you to address me as Mom. Thank you so much for calling me and keeping me in the loop with everything. Listen I don't know what's going through my son's mind but Noah and I will always be your Mom and Dad." She was cut off by the door opening.

"Mother so nice to see you" Brennan spoke with aggravation in his voice.

"I came to get my other grandson like you asked me to" April told her son not wasting anytime at all.

5 mins later April and Khotan were on their way. As I was turning to walk upstairs to grab my folders for work, Brennan stopped me.

"Why did you do it Coven" he asked almost sounding hurt.

"Like you said Brennan they love Peyton and you love Peyton.Now y'all can be the perfect little family. No more worrying about if I'll catch you cheating on me. I'll be out of the way." I said shrugging,

"It's like you don't even care that you're losing us."

"I do but I can't control that, the only thing I can control is my feelings and how I react" I was trying to remain clam and practice things that I tell my patients.

"You're so pathetic, I can't believe I loved someone like you"  that felt like punch to the face.

" Brennan imma go before we both do shit that we re-"

"NO YOU LISTEN TO ME, I LOVED YOU AND I KNOW I'VE CHEATED BUT THE FACT THAT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN CARE REALLY." This man is bipolar how could I not see this,I thought to myself.

"Brennan you left me, I didn't leave you. OUR CHILDREN saw how you were treating me and decided to act just like their father. YOU DON'T KNOW ALL THE NIGHTS I CRIED BECAUSE YOU OR THEM. I give up Brennan I can't do this anymore, I love you and I've come to terms with letting you go because of the love I have for you." I said looking him in the eyes

I went upstairs and grabbed everything I needed and quickly made it back down, I took his keys off of my key chain and gave it to him.

"Bye Brennan, I hope you enjoy your new life and please take care." I said closing the door on a old chapter of my life.

AUTHOR NOTE:

Anddddd that's a wrap on chapter 2 folks stay tune for more!!!!
What do you think will happen next???