vivified // chapter 1

The feeling of pulsing pain engulfs her entire body as she awakens from a questionable slumber. While struggling to keep her sensitive eyes open, they glance down at her torn-up arms and legs. She's shocked.

" ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅɪᴅ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ? ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ!"

Lost, confused and a bit scared she starts to sob softly into her tucked in knees. She doesn't know what to do and tries to think happy thoughts, but she has no memory of anything. She thinks of warmth and closes her eyes, she starts to hear pretty sounds and feels a sensation of comfort. Its almost like she can really hear these sounds, and they are more than imaginary. Her eyes open and peers around. Same old patch of grass. Nothing new, nothing comforting. It was only in her head. Maybe if she closed her eyes again, she could hear the pretty sounds again. Eyelids close and she hopes.

"ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ..ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ..ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ..ᶜᵒᵐᵉ...ᵇᵃᶜᵏ"

She whispers to herself. A faint twinkling fills the air and a slight smile slides across her face, filling her with that feeling of comfort once again.

"Wₕₒ ᵧₒᵤ?"

She jumps and opens her eyes to a small glowing sphere. "ᴰᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ ʲᵘˢᵗ ˢᵖᵉᵃᵏˀ..... ᵗᵒ ᵐᵉˀˀ" She thinks to herself. The pretty noise hasn't left so she assumes that this t h i n g must be the source.

"ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ?"

"Yₒᵤ? Yₒᵤ ₕₑₐᵣ ₘᵧ ₛₚₑₐₖ?"

"Yᴇs, ᴏғ ᴄᴏᴜʀsᴇ I ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ʏᴏᴜ? I ᴀᴍ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅɪɴɢ, ᴀʀᴇɴ'ᴛ I?"

She notices that where she is sitting is starting to fade into a more colorful and more plant filled area, instead of the dull grass she saw earlier. Eyes darting around and taking in all the new scenery she isn't used to, she's asked:

"𝓌ₕₒs ᵧₒᵤ?"

A moment of silence had entered the space. Who was she? Neither of them knew the answer. It was odd. Not knowing yourself, or who you even are... the weight of emptiness fell on her shoulders and she tried to think of anything. Concentrating on learning anything about herself, the name Lyra crept out the back or her mind. Who would forget their name?

"ʟʏʀᴀ........... I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ?"

"ɪᴍ ǫᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴜɴsᴜʀᴇ. ɪᴛs ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ I ᴄᴀɴ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴜᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ. Iᴍ sᴏʀʀʏ..."

Lyra says, looking at the ground ashamed in herself.

"ₜₕₐₜ ᵢₛ ₒ₋ₖ. 𝒸ₐₗₗ ₘₑ ₒᵦᵢₜ! 𝓌ₑ 𝒸ₐₙ ₗₑₐᵣₙ ₘₒᵣₑ ₜₕᵢₙ𝓰ₛ ᵢ𝒻 ᵧₒᵤ ₜₕᵢₙₖ ₜₕₑₘ!?"

"ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ᴏʙɪᴛ. ɪᴛs ᴠᴇʀʏ ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ....ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ?"

Obit flew off, circling the area in confirmation of if it knew or not. Lyra was worried at first since it just up and left, but she wasn't as worried when she realized she could still hear it and it was just checking out the area. Shortly after flying off, obit came back and explained

"ᵢ ₙₒ𝓌 ₖₙₒ𝓌!"

Lyra laughed, feeling a bit better about her situation. Although, she didn't know where they were. Surrounded by green plants, colorful flowers and a small pond not too far away from where she was sat. There was a rustling in the bushes and four little green creatures came out. They are about five inches off the ground and have the same proportions as a person. They didn't seem to speak, which was odd. Lyra looked to Obit, but it didn't say anything. One of the green creatures touched one of Lyra's torn up legs and looked at all her wounds. It looked sad. Then its little hand moved closer to a cut and Lrya clenched her eyes in wait of pain only to be shocked that it didn't hurt. In fact, it felt better! She opened her eyes and the cut was gone. How is this possible? She thought to herself. The rest of the green creatures walked over to Lyra and started to work on the rest of her shredded-up body. Cut after cut, they vanished, like magic. Not before long, all the cuts were magically erased, and Lyra's physical pain dropped to near nothing.

"ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ?"

she said, utterly confused. The little green being just shook it's head and lifted its hands. Lyra sat there, wondering how all of this is happening. First waking up with cuts on her legs in a very strange and unfamiliar location. Second, meeting a glowing white sentient orb named Obit. and now, being healed by a group of peas with legs! The green things huddle together, unsure of what is going to happen next. Lyra looks upset, Obit asks:

"𝓌ₕₐₜ ᵢₛ ₜₕₑ 𝓌ᵣₒₙ𝓰?..."

Lyra sighs.. 

"ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ I ɢᴇᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ? ᴡʜʏ ᴡᴀs I ᴀʟʟ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ? ʜᴏᴡ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀs I sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ? ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜɪɴɢs? ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴇᴀʟ ᴍᴇ? ᴡʜʏ..ᴅᴏɴᴛ I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ... ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ?..."

Lost, frustrated and quite scared. She sits herself cross-legged and  begins to cry. The little green beings look at each other and nod. The run as quickly as their little legs can carry them and they hug Lyra at the knees. They start to climb up onto her, causing her to giggle from how ticklish she is. 

* C R A S H *