traverse // chapter 2

Lyra, looking around, holding the tiny green children. Trying to find the source of the big crash. Obit flies close and asks:

𝒸ₐₙ ᵢ 𝓰ₒ ₛₑₑ ₜₕₑ ᵦₒₒₘ?

She hesitates. There's no way she is going to allow Obit to go off by itself. What if whatever made that noise is dangerous? She can't let him go. Obit impatiently interrupts her thinking.

"ᵦᵧₑ! ᵦᵧₑ!"

And flies off. The little green children look at each other, shocked. Lyra walks over to a log and climbs inside to hide herself and the peas in a pod she's holding. Not much time goes by till Obit comes back.

"ₙₒ 𝓌ₒᵣᵣᵧ ᵢₜ ᵢₛₙ'ₜ ᵦₐ𝒹"

Lyra steps out of the mossy log and follows Obit through the vegetation and notices that the grass around her is unusually tall. Looking up to the bottoms of flowers are above. Continuing to walk, they come to an open patch of grass. A large frog is in the center, shaking. Lrya puts the green beans down and slowly walks over to this poor creature.

ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴋᴀʏ?

Speaking softly, to not scare the frog.

ι ƒєℓℓ... ιт нυятѕ яєαℓℓу вα∂...

One of the green children lets out a small gasp and huddles its two associates and they speak to one another before all nodding in agreement. They start to waddle over to this large frog. Lyra catches onto what they are about to do and steps closer to comfort the injured amphibian.

"ɪᴛs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ O K. ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ! Tʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ!"