chapter one

The cotton blankets were wrapping aorund the thrashing boy's legs as he struggled to stay still, a nightmare plaguing his mind, his breathing was coming out laboured, mutters falling from his lips. His head twitched back and forth,
"No, no, no. No. Don't let them in. Don't let them in"

The boy whose brain was being plagued by nightmares shot into a seated position with a startled noise, his chest heaving in a panicked fashion. The person beside him sat up, their hand gently landing on his shoulder while their other slid down his arm and laced their fingers together.

"You okay?"

Stiles Stilinski relaxed slightly, although there was tension shrewd across his shoulders, his head turned to the side to see the brunette that swirled around his head more often than not, she was adorned in on of his t-shirts and her hair was flowing down over her shoulders.

"Stiles? You okay?" Aurora Argent repeated her question, concern clear in her voice.

"Yeah" Stiles nodded as his hand landed on her knee,
"I was just dreaming. It was weird. It was like a dream within a dream"

"You mean a nightmare?" Rory suggested as she rubbed his shoulder.

"Yeah" Stiles nodded again. The pair sat together in silence until the boy glanced over at the girl in confusion,
"Wait, Rory, what are you doing here?"

Rory hesitated for a moment, a small frown flickering onto her face, she went to answer only for both of their attention to divert over to the door that creaked open. A worried look crossed Rory's face as Stiles carefully untangled their arms, getting to his feet and making his way over to the door.

"Hang on" Stiles muttered to her.

"Stiles, where are you going?" Rory questioned, her voice wavered slightly as she spoke.

"I'm just gonna close the door" Stiles informed her.

"Wait, no, just - just go back to sleep" Rory said as she sat up on her knees.

"No, no, I should close it" Stiles countered.

"Stiles, please, just come back to bed" Rory called out to him.

"But what if they get in?" Stiles muttered with a frown.

"What if who gets in?" Rory questioned in confusion,
"Stiles, just leave it. Please, just leave it"

Rory was calling out after the boy as he disappeared through the door, and that was when Aurora Argent flew out of her bed and landed harshly on the floor. Her alarm was blaring loudly through her apartment causing her to groan.

"Ow"

Great, she thought to herself, more weird dreams. The brunette was suddenly pounced on by her puppy, who barked at her before rubbing his head against her shoulder. Rory struggled to get her arms free from her duvet before leaning up on her elbows,looking up at the dog,
"Yes, thank you, Pickett"

The dog jumped off of her back and licked her cheek, Rory smiles slightly before scuffling his head gently as she got up off the ground - struggling and almost falling back to the ground due to her legs still being tangled up in her duvet.

Rory slowly walked out into her kitchen and put two egos into the toaster before turning around to her fridge where she grabbed the carton of juice, taking a mouthful before placing it back in the fridge, taking out the maply syrup and placing it on the bench while she waited for her waffles to finish.

Rory frowned down at her hands as she thought over her dream, why on earth would she dream about Stiles having nightmares? The girl jumped suddenly when her waffles popped up, she grabbed them from the toasted quickly, rapidly dropping them down onto the plate before shaking her hand. She poured syrup over the waffles before cutting into them.