Prologue

"One day I will be gone

The world will keep turning

I hope I leave this place

Better than I found it

Oh, it is hard, I know it is hard

To be the lightning in the dark

Hold on tight you will be all right

You know it is time"

These words echoed inside Izuku's mind. He did not remember where he would have heard of them. It was a strange song; actually, he never heard it.

He opened his eyes and found himself in a dark room: the bare walls taunted his gaze with disturbingly white tiles. He tried to close his eyes but he found himself unable to do so. Now that he thought about it, he was not able to stand up nor to walk. He frowned.

"I know you, and you've got those mad eyes on to hide your sad eyes."

Izuku turned his head to the right, towards the source of the sound. He recognized the voice.

"Shoto?" he asked unsure, he found his mouth dry and his lips chapped.

A man emerged from the walls; Shoto showed himself singing lightly.

"One day I will be gone" he hummed.

Izuku looked at him and suddenly felt his face wet; he was not sad, why was he crying? Whose sadness was this?

"Shoto? Why are you crying? Why... am I crying?" He asked uncertain.

"The world will keep turning" he kept humming as he moved his hand with a gentle upward movement.

Shoto walked towards him and sat on the bed.

"You know Izuku... the world is such a terrible place." He said as he removed his jacket: he was wearing a nice shirt under it.

"In a cruel world kindness is certainly an unsafe virtue," Shoto added as he eyed Izuku sideways.

"Shoto, I do not understand what you are saying... where are we?" Izuku asked with apprehension.

Shoto shook his head; there was something the other did not understand.

"Izuku..." Shoto said as he turned around and laid a gentle hand on his cheek.

"I need you to understand that even if I am not with you physically, I will always be with you"

Izuku felt his cheeks wet again and now it was his sadness doing this horrible job of staining his face.

"Are you dead?" Izuku asked as he entwined his fingers with Shoto's hand.

Shoto sighed. He shifted forward and kissed Izuku. Shoto's lips were soft, so soft and sweet Izuku almost felt like crying again. It tasted of something he lost long time ago but could not quite catch what.

"I love you..." Shoto cried onto his lips, pouring every ounce of love onto him. Izuku smiled as he nodded knowingly.

Shoto gently moved his hand over Izuku's right leg.

"I am sorry" he muttered and pushed hard against it.

Izuku started breathing hard, he lost focus and then he cried in pain.

"JUST WAKE UP!" Shoto shouted.

The walls broke: pieces of tiles falling over him and cutting his right leg just under the knee.

He woke up and in a spun of energy, he looked down to his right leg: he already knew what was missing.

NOTES

Hi people, I think it is incredible how much you supported me through my first story No Man's Land

Now, as I promised, there is No Man's Land 2.

What can I say? This will be another journey. I hope that we will do this together.

This is just a teaser, a short prologue to show what will come. I hope it picks up your interest!

Leave comments and reviews if you feel like it, I always appreciate them!

Today I finished my last exam and I am exhausted but from today on, I am free! Moreover, I will be able to write yet again.

Expect many psychological problems; I just aced my exam of clinical psychology (Pathologies etc.) so I will write a lot of it! I love this part of my life. 

[The song at the start is Here Comes The Change, by Kesha]