Chapter 5

Izuku did not know when or how his life became the way it now was: each movement would cause him pain, he could not talk nor walk properly. What happened to him?
He still asks himself those atavistic questions even if he damn well knew the answers.

"Izuku, come here" And Izuku did not need to ask whose voice that was. He was sure about it: Todoroki Shoto. Because he was no longer at the hospital. The music was pouring around him and lights flashed in front of him.

"I love this bar" Izuku said with a half smile forming upon his lips.He opened the collar of the white shirt he was wearing as he rolled up the sleeves.

Todoroki waltzed towards him with two drinks: he gave him a red one as he kept sipping at the white drink he was holding with his right hand.

They sat at the bar, sipping at their drinks and ignoring the bodies of those who absentmindedly would bump against them.

Todoroki looked like a man who has been saved.
Izuku looked like someone who still need to find his savior.
Todoroki boasted himself to be the one. How wrong they both were, not knowing how twisted their fate was. None was going to save them.

That night they danced: Todoroki showered him with sweet nonsenses and Izuku bathed in that sweet river.
They were in love, absolutely utterly so.

Izuku woke up too suddenly such that his head spinned. He cursed between his chapped lips; his blurry vision would not let him focus.

After a minute or so, his head kept spinning: Izuku called for the nurse.

He turned his head to the left, facing the door: the room danced in front of his eyes.

"Izuku, did you call for me?" Jude asked him as he entered the room.

"I did, i would like to know why am I feeling so dizzy?"
Jude nodded. "You might not remember but you had an episode of hallucinations and we had to sedate you" He commented as he tried to cover his right arm with the uniform.
Izuku noticed, of course he did.

"Did I cut you?" he asked as he lifted his upper body.
Jude shook his head. "It really is nothing" he bashfully said as if being caught doing something bad.

"On the contrary, it is. Come here" he said and there was no doubt that Jude had to go and sit next to him.
And so he did.

"How much they gave me?" he asked as he rolled Jude's sleeve up.

"Ten mg" He shivered and he did not know why.

"Sorry" Izuku said as he let him go. "I should have asked. You obviously don't like being touched. I am sorry I cut you... I was not myself"

Jude looked down, how could that strange man knew something even he was still fighting with?

"You truly are special" he said as if it was the only thing allowed to be said.

Izuku looked up at him and stared at him for sometime.
"I- I am not allowed to say these things but-" Jude started as he fidgeted with the hem of the uniform.

"You can break some rules" Izuku said smirking.

"I really admire you. I was not allowed to study what you studied because of my parents but... I have always been fascinated by it. I think you truly are a hero." he looked down and murmured some other words Izuku did not catch but what he meant to say was clear to him.

"You should be free Jude." he commented and Jude looked at him with a puzzled look.

"I... I am free" he said as if trying to grasp what kind of freedom he might be referring to.

"If you say so" Izuku answered. "Unfortunately I am not allowed to do therapy but... if you ever need someone to talk to..." he vaguely added.

"Izuku, I think we are not allowed to do so. However, i will keep your words on mind."
Izuku nodded as the dizzy feeling was slowly fading away. He was finally able to sit on the bed: the prosthetic leg taunted his vision.

"You remember me of someone I used to love..." Izuku did not look at him in the eyes but Jude swore they were watery.

"How was he like? Shoto, is he?"
Izuku stiffened when he heard his name because only now he realized how different it was from Jude.

"He was. He was timid and kind, just like you"
Jude looked down.

"You are a patient Izuku... I-"

"You are so much like him" He interrupted his talking.

"I am afraid I have to go Izuku, please, rest well" Jude said as he got up from the chair.

"Wait" Izuku almost commanded. He got up as the crutch helped him. This crippled figure still hold the energy of a lost time. Jude seemed under his spell because how could someone not admire him?

Izuku made a step forward and let go of the crutch as he finally walked towards him. Jude reflexes got the best of him and extended his arms to prevent him from falling. But Izuku did not fall. He walked perfectly fine.

"Izuku! You... you walked!" he said with happiness pouring from his voice.

Izuku seemed only now to realize what he had just done.

He smiled and Jude felt something he should have not felt.

"That face you made... fuck." Izuku said as he covered his own face. He was blushing. Izuku was blushing under Jude's gaze.

"Izuku..." Jude said as he felt the other man lean over him.

"Blame this on the sedative" He said as he closed the gap between them.

Jude's eyes widened but he did not find any strength to push him away. Izuku backed off, tracing his lips with his finger.

"Sorry, I..." Izuku muttered finally realizing what he had done. Jude looked down, then up but never made eye contact with him.

He almost run away from him; the door closed too quickly for Izuku to stop him.

NOTES

Something strange is happening: Izuku sees so much of Shoto in Jude, but deep down he knows that they are two different person...

Okay, I ws super-late. I am sorry! I have more chapters on my shoulders that I will soon post.
Stay tuned!

If you have any questions about the theory behind every detail just ask right away!

No Man's Land 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें