Chapter 3

"Promise me this... If i lose to myself, you won't mourn a day and move on to someone else " Izuku said long time ago to the man sitting in front of him.

Those were prophetic words that announced the start of a long battle.

Izuku fought against himself. He was the best opponent he could have wished for: he knew his weaknesses and his abilities.

Izuku knew a lot about himself, he was able to achieve marvellous goals. Izuku dedicated his life to work.

Izuku was his work.

Therefore it was strange how that work that gave him a will to live now stretched its arms to grasp at his legs and pull him down. His work was now killing him: a mind used to hold the pain of the others could never work with its own pain. It was strange how he would look at himself in the mirror and think: "How come have I ended here? Is this the real me?".

The real question was never asked and his mind kept himself back in those days were he was a star, he was a pioneer of his field.

Back to when Izuku was Izuku.

Has he lost to himself? It might have seemed so. However when you tried to reach for the soul of the man in front of your eyes, you could see the spark. The spark that barely shone in the back of his eyes. It was covered in layers of... of what? Was it fear?

Theo thought that it might have been fear. However it was now something different.

Anger

Fear

Depression

Acceptance

He could go on and on. Izuku was above these steps. He was a chasm, a sinkhole filled to the brim of these emotions. A chaotic sea of those emotions and more.

Izuku was depressed. However Theo could not quite catch the type of it: was it a fake depression? was it a reactive depression? Major depression? A Disorder?

Theo sighed as he traced his eyes with the palm of his hand. He had been at it for days now and he only saw him twice.

"That voice" Theo said more to himself than to any other being. "I need to speak to him. he is faking. I am absolutely sure of it" he said once again as he wore his glasses.

Jude was in front of him, trying to read through Izuku's medical records.

"I have never seen someone like him" another man said. He lifted himself from the couch and walked towards the desk.

"Enrick? what do you think about him?" Theo said. Enric was a psychiatric, Theo thought that another point of view would have helped them.

"I am a doctor and all I can say is an assumption based off these records. Depression, i would risk a major depressive disorder but you will tell me. His body is okay, except for the pain in his leg but that will fade away with rehabilitation. I do not understand why he is like that. I mean..."

"The problem is mine. Is this what you are trying to say?" Theo asked as he got up. He tied his long hair.

Enric nodded.

"I think he is showing the symptoms through his body but the real difficulties are psychological. I mean, have you read what he has been through?"

Enric nodded as he opened the folder again and read through some chapters of his life. It was kinda sick how funny it was to be able to read someone's whole life like a book.

"Jude, what are your thoughts? You are awfully quiet" Theo said as he lean on the desk.

Jude murmured something that neither of them could quite make out.