Chapter 1: Olivia's Birthday

Angela's POV

I walk toward my father's shop. I haven't seen him or my little sister in 3 years, due to my school studies. I'm very excited to see them.

I look down at the box in my hands, which is neatly wrapped in pink wrapping paper and has a red bow on top. There is also a paper rolled up like a scroll and tied with a red string. I walk up to the small toy shop and knock on the door. My father opens it and his eyes widen.

"Angela!" He says happily and pulls me into a hug. "So good to see you, my dear!"

I laugh a bit and hug him back. "Hello, Father! It's good to see you too!" I say as he releases me and lets me inside.

"Angel!" Olivia says excitedly and runs over to me.

"Olivia!" I pick her up and hug her tightly.

"I'm so glad you came!" She says as she looks at me.

"I wouldn't dare miss your birthday!" I say, setting her down.

"This is my bestest birthday I've ever had!" Olivia says happily.

"Ah, but you haven't opened your presents yet," I say, setting the box and the rolled-up paper on the table.

She gasps happily and climbs on a stool. "Can I open it?!" She asks.

"Yes you can," I say, giggling slightly.

She starts tearing off the wrapping paper and she opens the box. She pulls out a gold necklace with a letter 'O' charm on it. "It's beautiful!" she says and she puts it on.

I smile at her as she starts to unroll the paper. It's a very detailed colored drawing of the three of us.

"Wow! You made this?!" She asks as she holds up the drawing. I laugh a bit at her reaction and I nod.

"Another masterpiece, my young artist," Father says, hugging me from the side.

"Now it's my turn!" He walks over to the cupboard.

I see Olivia trying to peek and I cover her eyes with my hands. "Nuh-uh. No peeking."

She giggles, and father puts a toy flower on the table. He turns the knob on it and I move my hands. The toy turns into a ballerina and starts dancing as music plays from it.

Olivia gasps.

"Oh, Daddy! You made this?! Just for me?" She asks and he nods.

The doll finishes her dance and Olivia jumps down from her stool and hugs our father.

"You're the most wonderful father in the... in the whole world!" She says.

At that moment, the door begins to rattle and the three of us stare at it.

"Are you expecting someone?" I look at father and he shakes his head, worried.

"Who... who is it?" Olivia asks.

"I don't know! Quickly dears! Stay in here and don't come out!" He shoves us gently in one of the cupboards and shuts it, standing in front of it.

We start to hear grunting and fighting. Olivia shakes in fear and I hold her close to me.

I open the cupboard door a little and watch in horror as our father is fighting with a peg-legged bat. The table flies toward the cupboard and slams the door shut, startling and forcing me back.

"Now I gotcha, toymaker!" The bat says with a cackle.

"Oh! Olivia! Angel!" Father shouts out.

Then all is silent. I open the cupboard door, pushing the table out of the way.

Me and Olivia climb out and she starts looking around the shop.

She goes to a window and starts calling out for father.

I frown and look around the room, which is now a mess.

I see a newspaper with the headline, FAMOUS DETECTIVE SOLVES BAFFLING DISAPPEARANCE. I pick it up and see the detective goes by the name Basil of Baker Street.

I find scissors and cut that particular story from the paper out.

"We'll go to the detective, Basil. Maybe he can help." I say, looking at Olivia.

She gives me a hopeful look and I smile slightly.

I help her get her coat, scarf, and hat on, then I get my black jacket and light brown scarf. I grab her hand and we leave the shop.

A/N- (Hey Guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! See ya soon!! BYEEEE!)