Chapter 2: Meeting Dawson

Angel’s POV:

‘Is it this way or...?’ I think to myself as I look around the street.

It starts to rain so me and Olivia take shelter in an old boot.

“Are we lost, Angel?” Olivia asks and I look down at her.

“I think we might be..” I say with a sigh. Olivia then bursts into tears. I kneel down and hold her close.

“Shhhhhhhh… It’s gonna be okay,” I say soothingly. I hold back my own tears, wanting to be strong for her.

“Oh! Oh my! Are you alright, dears?” A male voice asks.

I look toward the opening of the boot and see a mouse with a big belly and a mustache. He sees Olivia crying and pulls out a handkerchief.

“Here, dry your eyes, little one.” He says kindly as Olivia takes it and blows her little nose. She hands it back to him and he puts it back into his coat pocket as Olivia starts to calm down.

“Ah yes, that’s better. Now tell me, what’s troubling you, my dears?” He asks.

“We are lost and trying to find Basil of Baker Street.” I say and hand him the newspaper clipping.

He takes out glasses and reads the clipping. “'Famous Mouse Detective Solves Baffling Disappearance.' Hmmmmm. But where is your husband, dear?” He looks at me.

I blush at the thought.

“I..I’m not married. She’s my little sister and it’s our father that’s missing. That’s why we need to find Basil.” I say and Olivia starts crying again.

“Well….. I don’t know any Basil….” He says and I give him a sad look and then he says. “But I do remember where Baker Street is.”

Olivia’s and my face brightens up.

“Oh, thank you so much Mr….?”

“Dawson. Dr. David Q. Dawson.” He says proudly.

“Thank you Dr. Dawson. I’m terribly sorry if we are imposing on you.” I say and he waves his hands.

“Not at all, my dear. Come now. We’ll find this Basil chap together.” Dawson says.

“Thank you Dr.” Olivia says as she takes my hand.

The three of us set off toward Baker Street.  

A/N- (Sorry, it's a short chapter. Hope you enjoyed it though! See ya next time! BYEEEE!)