Chapter 5: Ratigan...

Angel's POV: 
In the sewers, we see a prison cell.

Inside is a mechanical robot pouring tea in a cup.
We see Hiram Flaversham at a podium, controlling the robot.
Smoke is spewed on his face by Ratigan, who was next to him.

He chuckles evilly,
"Quite an ingenious scheme, eh, Flaversham? And aren't you proud to be a part of it?"

Flaversham doesn't look so pleased about the whole thing.

"This whole thing... I-I-it's monstrous!" Hiram said while making the robot pour a spoonful of sugar into the teacup and stirring it.

"We will have our device ready by tomorrow evening, won't we? You know what will happen if you... fail?" Ratigan said while holding a little bell.

Hiram became angry instead of becoming scared.

"I-I-I don't care!" He jerked on the controls, making the robot pour the tea on itself and throwing the teapot at Ratigan.

Ratigan ducked in time.

The robot was out of control until it broke down and stopped. It squirted out oil onto Ratigan's cape.

"You can do what you want with me. I won't be a part of this.. this... this evil any longer!" Hiram said to Ratigan.

"Mmm..." He was biting off his anger but returned normal.
"Very well. If that is your decision. Oh, uh, by the way, I'm taking the liberty of having your daughters brought here." Ratigan said while winding up a toy.

"O-Olivia? A-Angel?" Hiram asked worriedly.

Ratigan sets down the toy and it turns from a flower to a ballerina, dancing across the table.

"Yes. Hm-hm, Yes. I would spend many a sleepless night if anything unfortunate were to befall them." Ratigan says in a mocking tone.

"You... you wouldn't!?"

Ratigan picks up the toy and places it in the palm of his hand.
Then, he squeezes it until the head comes off.

Ratigan looks at it with mocking sorrow before looking at Hiram and yelling, "FINISH IT, FLAVERSHAM!"

Hiram does what he's told with a heavy heart.

Outside the cell, Ratigan was humming to himself while writing a list.

"Oh, I love it when I'm nasty." Ratigan looks above the doorway to another barrel where the bat, Fidget, is hanging upside down, sleeping.

"Fidget?" Ratigan called but no response was given.
"FIDGET!"

Startled, Fidget falls and rolls down the stairs to Ratigan's feet.

"Bright and alert as always. Here's the list. You know what to do, and no mistakes!" Ratigan says while giving Fidget the list.

Fidget looks at the list.
"No, no. No mistakes, sir. Tools, gears, girl, uniforms..."

Ratigan was getting impatient.

"NOW, Fidget!" Ratigan yells.

"I'm going, I'm going! I'm going!" Fidget rushes over to a drain gate, lifts it up, and disappears.

Ratigan enters the barrel, where he approaches his throne surrounded by his men, who were cheering for him.

He sits down on his throne and holds out a cigarette.
Many of his men offer a lit match. Ratigan lights the cigarette, inhales, and exhales several smoke rings.

"My friends, we are about to embark on the most odious, the most evil, the most diabolical scheme of my illustrious career. A crime to top all crimes... a crime that will live in infamy!"