chapter eight

i wake up the next day and i take a quick shower then i get dressed, in a black shirt with grey pants. i put on my glasses and i head to the lobby. i wasn't the first one there though, Spencer was there two he had a bad case of bed head and had his nose stuck into a book. i go over and sit next to him. "what you reading now" i chuckle he looks over and smiles at me,

"oh 'A walk in the woods,' by Bill Bryson . what about you. " he asks

"Caroline" i noticed we were the only ones up. "do you always get up so early."

"sometime it depends, i really wanted to read today, what about you why are you up so early" he asks

"i just get up at this time usually, i was going to work on an animation request i had, i didn't know you wore glasses."

"oh i they are for reading, i don't usually wear them i think they are dorky" he comments.

" i think you look fine with them , if they help you see you should wear them" i smile he chuckles. "so what do you do besides read,"

"i like to do magic want to see" he puts his book down and gets out some cards. he then faces them to me. "pick one but don't let me see it" i then draw a six of hearts. "okay put it back" i put it back and he shuffles and shows a eight of spades. "this your card" he asks i was a little disappointed,

"no "

"really what about this one" he pulls another one from behind my ear but that was a seven of diamonds i was starting to feel bad so i shook my head."how about the one in your wallet" i give him a confused look and i take out my wallet and there it was the six or hearts.

"that is crazy" i chuckle he smiles. "could you teach me"

"a true magician  never tells" i hand him the card and he starts to shuffle the deck. "you play poker " he asks

"I've  never gambled or played games like that , I'd love to learn though"  i look at his deck

"well there are different types of poker i can teach you on right now" he suggest

"sure"

"okay so Texas holdem is played between two to ten people the lowest you can get is a one point which looks like this." he then lays out cards of different status . "then there is the one pair and the two pair " he shows me what they each look like then moves on "three of the kind is next now these are the lowest, the stuff that usually is better then these are straight which is five cards not of the same suite a flush are card of the same suite , full house is three of a kind and a pair."  he lays them all out for me. "the more rare kind are four of a kind, straight flush and royal flush" he shows me those as well . "each game starts with the dealer and goes clockwise, the dealer will give every one two cards one at a time, then it starts to the pre flop. this is where you can ether call and match the bet that is placed by the small blind and the big blind if there are three player or less then that is a different story usually the dealer would place the bet then, so you could call and match the bet , raise it double , or go all in but if you don't want to lose money or chips in this mind you would most likely want to fold, but then it isn't interesting. " he smile.

"after that is over the dealer then reveals three cards these are known as the flop you can use any flop cards to make one of the matches we talked about earlier " i looked at the game that was laid out it was a little confusing but i understood it. "you can then check which just means you pass to the next player , bet money or fold if it is your turn after the dealer now everyone after you has to ether depending on what you did, call and give the same amount or raise the amount they as well could fold. then the dealer reveals a forth card and everyone does what they did before. the dealer puts the last card and you can go all in , fold , or call. all the player reveal there hands one by one and whoever has the highest or best hand with the combination wins all the chips."  he then starts to shuffle again .