Prologue: They Were Happy for a Time

I did it! Chapter one has been rewritten!

               One day, eighteen years ago, the sun shone bright. Brighter than it ever had before. As if it was closer to the world, minutes away from colliding, yet still at the same distance, far away. The kingdom of Corona saw this most clearly, and most would've marveled at the sight, basked in the rays of sun practically touching the earth...but that was not the highlight of their day.

Their kind king and queen, Fredric and Arianna, had been missing for weeks prior. The citizens were worried, for their safety and for themselves. The couple had almost built the kingdom, bringing couples together and making friends out of enemies. How and why could they have been gone?

But on this day the questions didn't matter anymore.

The king and queen had returned.

They announced, in front of a large crowd of rowdy citizens, that there was to be a new member of the royal family. The queen was pregnant. It should've been impossible, after all the queen was sterile. But no one cared...they were back, and with news of a miracle!

With the sun shining bright, the birds singing a familiar tune, and this good news, the kingdom grew happier than ever and word quickly traveled around the seven kingdoms.

Well, they were happy for a time...

In the stories, the demon known only as Zhan Tiri had proclaimed that a sterile queen would have a child...and that child would bring her back.

Most left the royals alone anyway, believing it was just a mistake; the queen was never sterile. It was impossible. No.

But soon after the announcement...The palace was invaded. The woman, in a cloak black as night, with hair the same, was a trusted friend to the queen. This trust was sadly misplaced. Because once she was left to her own devices in the night, this woman made her way to the queen...

and slit her throat.

The question then, what of the child? That poor, innocent, four week old child? it never had a chance...until it did.

Hours after the death of their dear queen, after hours of emergency surgery, Corona gained a new member of their royal family. A baby girl. One who looked much older than four weeks. Her green eyes shone at every little thing they looked at. And her hair, Her hair reached down to her knees and was yellow as the sun...How? No one knew....except one woman. One woman with hair dark as night and cold, olive colored eyes.

The king was afraid of what this could mean for his daughter, his sweet newborn daughter, all he had left in the world. He could never lose her.

So he decided he had to send her away. With a friend who claimed she knew how to help and would return the girl to him the day this was solved.

He said his goodbyes and watched, eyes shining with unshed tears, as his only family was taken away.

Gothel brought the young Rapunzel to her home in Old Corona, where she would spend the next eighteen years of her life.

OK

Finally, lets hope this works properly from now on!

Don't worry, this is probs the worst chapter I wrote. It gets better...