Breaking Point

"Tch." Aizawa grumbled, as he wrapped up another criminal with his capture weapon. He jumped back, kneed his partner in the gut, before leaving their butts in the alleyway, tied up, and called for the police for pick up. Then he went home.

Yamada was sitting at the table, lying face first on the wood as he shakily sat up at the sound of the door opening.

"Uh... hi? Oh, Shouta. Welcome... home...?" Yamada sleepily raised his head, mumbling.

"Yeah." Aizawa grumbled, going to the kitchen and throwing some black coffee instant brew inside a cup, and dumped the hot water into it. He grabbed his cup and dumped himself onto the sofa, drinking angrily.

"Geez, you okay Shou?" Yamada asked.

"I don't care what the media says. It's a puddle of blood. A murderer can't kill someone and leave such a perfect puddle f blood. They wouldn't kill someone and drag the body away either without clearing up the mess, if they're trying to hide the evidence. Aldera has a high suicide rate, and they said the missing kid was quirkless! There was prejudice against him for sure! I'm pretty certain the poor kid was driven to suicide from bullying." Aizawa huffed.

Yamada did understand why Aizawa was upset. Aizawa had been subject to teasing before when he was younger for his quirk, being creepy and scary for taking quirks away and his glowing red eyes. Essentially bullying, but to a much lesser extent because everyone was scared of him.

"And there are no other stains, and I'm pretty sure a suicide victim is in no shape to somehow leave without leaving any traces, so some other person with a psychic or a teleportation quirk must have taken him or something." Aizawa grumbled.

"Hm... assuming that the two events are related." Yamada pointed out, "Midoriya Izuku could have been kidnapped, and didn't commit suicide, and someone thought it would be funny to dump blood on the ground."

He pat Aizawa on the shoulder, "Look, you need to sleep. I know you sympathise with him, but you worrying and not getting rest isn't going to do anyone any good. You have barely slept for a month since that thing happened."

-------------------

"I said to bring in dead body. So you decided to bring in a random kid wearing an Aldera Junior High uniform, that is all covered in blood?" Ujiko asked.

"Hey, he just happened to be there." Shigaraki replied.

"Does someone want to explain why I had to drag a bloody kid through my portal? It takes ages to clean it up." Kurogiri grumbled.

"I told you before, I wanted a freshly dead body. I want to experiment and run some tests on it. The data will be useful when Sensei eventually decides on a good combination of quirks for the Nomu."

"And... it seems like you're not doing that with the corpse?" Kurogiri raised an eyebrow.

"According to him... he's not as dead as we thought, apparently. He's alive, barely, somehow. I don't care." Shigaraki hissed.

"Well... he has two toe joints. Wait.. I know this kid. This will be so fun. I've never experimented on a quirkless kid before!" Ujiko rubbed his hands in glee, his eyes moving towards all the glinting surgical equipment on the table next to him. "I better check with Sensei first. He may have a quirk, even though his has two toe joints."

"Yeah yeah. Just fix him or whatever. I'm tired." Shigaraki walked out of the room.

-------------------

Midoriya woke up with a splitting headache. He was lying on some sort of cold, hard table, his hands and legs chained down. He didn't want to move anyways, his entire body ached. He tried to open his eyes, but his vision remained dark.