Beginnings of a new start

"Um...." Shinsou managed to say when he calmed himself enough as he looked at the three remaining heroes. The teachers finally managed to chase all the nosy students ("Ashido out. You too Kaminari, Bakugou I don't know what's your connection to Midoriya but please get out) out of the classroom for them to deal with this delicate matter, giving Shinsou space so it wouldn't be so awkward with thirty pairs of eyes staring at him.

"I thought you're an only child." Snipe asked. He knew about Shinsou was in the system, but he just wanted to confirm some things. It was ... weird that he was Midoriya's emotional trigger, given the middle schools they went to and Shinsou's apparently being in the system since he was six (that was a required field to fill in when Shinsou had applied to UA. Foster homes and stuff like that were really messy and annoying to deal with).

"I secretly decided to adopt him when we were five. Then he found out that I treated him like a little brother and accepted it when we were eleven." Shinsou replied, his arms still wrapped tightly around Midoriya as if he was still trying to convince himself that yes, this was real, Midoriya Izuku was alive, and he was currently being very clingy and unlike himself. He didn't care his homeroom teacher was there,

Aizawa's eyebrow twitched. Five years old. That's very a long time.

Yeah, he was really going to speak to that orphanage. They needed more time together.

Shinsou had to end up taking Midoriya to the infirmary, accompanied by the teachers. He carefully placed Midoriya on the bed, before sitting on the bed next to the sleeping boy, who unconsciously curled up and wrapped his arms around Shinsou's arm.

"So.... you wanna explain some things, kid?" Aizawa asked, slumping into the chair beside the bed. Snipe was in the room as well, as well as Yamada. Shuzenji was checking over Midoriya.

"I don't owe you an explanation unless you're taking care of him, Eraser Head." Shinsou mumbled. "I'm not saying anything unless Izu gives permission to."

"Stubborn kid." Aizawa grumbled.

"He has a point though. A lot of this kind of stuff is sensitive." Snipe reasoned.

Aizawa sighed, "Midoriya is being cared for by both Present Mic and I. How do you know my hero identity?"

"Izu and I watched your sports festival reruns, since you're fight quirkless. We found it interesting and you're the only hero that can erase quirks. Let's just say you are our favourite hero and... kinda drove us since there actually was a quirkless-ish hero."

Yamada swore that Aizawa was blushing under his scarf. The two kids he cared for liked him, the underground, moody, homeless-looking, sleepy head, lazy, non-flashy hero, the best out of all the heroes in Japan? It made sense though, Midoriya was quirkless and Shinsou's quirk wasn't directly offensive.

Snipe nodded, turning to the door, "Alright. I'll be in the staffroom if you need anything."

"How... much did you guys guess?" Shinsou asked, keeping an eye on Shuzenji as he checked the bruises under Midoriya's uniform.

"Honestly... this is just pure speculation from both your little outburst. Both of you were bullied for when you were kids, yes?" Aizawa asked.

Shinsou blinked, slowly nodded, reaching out to carefully run his fingers through Midoriya hair. Midoriya squeaked in his sleep, pressed his head against Shinsou's hand.

"You met when you were five, same school?"

"I went to Midoriya's school for some time. Mine was closed... I don't really remember why. I did transfer to his school the following year."