msg ➸ tincan - Fin

Tin's point of view

One week just passed.. and it feels like forever. That was the last time I receive a text from that nameless stranger. I decided to call that number and it's now out of reach. I started to stare at some people around me even though they felt I'm creepy. I don't care anymore, it's just I'm dying to know who was that mystery person who makes me feel happy.

Now it was already noon time and also time to eat lunch. Then suddenly my phone inside of my pocket just vibrates. To my excitement, I fish it out and expected it was that nameless stranger who texting me again. But my smile fades away when I saw it was my ex's text.

Becca:
we have to talk.

Weird. We haven't talk right away when broke up. It's not we haven't had a good closure but we really focus on our own business after that. It was just strange that she want me to meet her. And what she wants to talk about.

Tin:
sure, where btw?

After that, she replied to me and it was our usually dating spot. I sigh as I head to that cafe.

When I came she was already there. She flashes me a smile. I remember that smile of hers but the feelings not either. I smile back as a sign of being welcomed as her friend now.

"It's been a long time" she quite smiles after that. It was awkward but I did also the same.

"What about you want to talk about?" it's not that I'm uncomfortable being with her at this moment but I just want to straighten her to the point.

She was taken aback. She was confused or it was just me but she couldn't just speak up for now. She sighed and looks like she is calming herself up which made me more confusing to her.

"Tin... I'm here for a person who couldn't show up anymore to you" I'm starting to feel weird and felt nervous.

"What do you mean??" now she was about to cry but she hold it up. Fishing out a phone from her bag. Then she lends me it. When I took it, I saw a familiar conversation. When I scrolled it, my heart started to beat so fast, and almost lost all my breath. I am now looking at her with a still puzzled mind. I am now really confused.

"What is this??" I couldn't think straight. She didn't say anything cause she started to sob.

---

I came home, empty inside. I throw my bag to the floor and sit on my bed. I can still process what happen today. It is just like a bad dream that I want to wake up from.

I fish out the phone that Becca gave to me. I open it, I weak smile when I saw my face on the wallpaper. It was a stolen shot of me. Then I open the messaging app. I read our old conversation until I read the last text he sent to me.

"I love you" I read it in a mumbled way.

I can't believe.. he was gone. He was Cantaloupe also known as Can. He was Becca's closest friend, I met him several times. But I have no idea that he was that guy who I talked to for a month.

"He had terminal cancer. I was so shocked when he told me that he likes you. When the doctor said that he had only a month to live, he asked me if I can lend him your number. I even told him that he should at least tell his feelings for you personally but he decided not to. You know he was so happy that you finally replied to him and also finally you talked to him a lot. He was so happy then, but last week was rough. He could barely breathe and he was only supported by the machines to live. I couldn't look at him knowing that someday he will be gone. But knowing also that he had the best day on his last times here with us. You made him happy for the last time he have. Tin.. died 4 days ago. I'm sorry.."

Tears flow again to my cheeks when I remember what Becca told me.

I felt so useless... I could have been with him. Be with him for the last breath he had. I could also show him how much he was now mean in my life. That I love him in just a short span of time. I learn to love him despite not knowing who he was. Why he was so selfless and also selfish?

"He said, that he was happy to finally be with you even though you didn't even know him. That he expresses his feelings to you. That was enough for him"

So selfish right? He didn't budge to show himself and finally meet him.

Once again my phone vibrated in my other pocket. I set aside his phone on the side table. It was Becca, she said me a two-clip video.

Becca:

<send a 1098888888888282.mp4>
<send a 1083838299992888.mp4>

Becca:
You deserve to see it Tin.

I pressed the play button of it...

"Becca!!! Please don't do this!!! I don't want to do this!!!" he was trying to push Becca's phone and didn't want to get filmed. He look so pale, the complexion of his skin was pale white, and that hose to his nose that I think may help him to breathe properly.

"Why?!!! You even go outside just to look at him right? Why can I let you film this if you can't say even not directly to Tin but this video can help me you out!!" He sour his face as if he was losing up in the battle. He looks so cute.

"Okay, I'll let you do this if you promise me to keep this video for the entire of your life. Don't you even dare to send it to anybody else, especially to him?"

"Okay but I'm going to make this a behind the scene" I heard Becca giggle from behind.

He look shocked when he realized it was still filming him. "Becca!!!!!!!--"

The video was stopped. I felt he was still here. His smile was pure even tho before when I met him. I think he had those pair of smiles that I  wouldn't forget.

I pressed the other video to play...

"How do I start this??" he scratched his head then got awkward. "I am not used to doing this but yeah I think I have to do this just to make Becca stop to bother me" he stopped for a while and his head was bowed. When he chin up he finally eyed the camera and I felt he was now eye contacting me.

"Tin... I know you wouldn't see this video ever. I wanted to tell you that you are really handsome. I know you wouldn't like me either but I don't care. As long as I can love you as long as I can. If ever the times when I'm gone.." he choked and got teary... "I'm sorry if I bother you like this. That's why I never released myself to you. I don't want to disappoint you. Well, I'm going to die anyway you don't need to know me either. I want to tell you that I love you so much. I hope someday you will meet someone who will love you more than I do. You deserve to be happy and to be loved by someone Tin"

He looks intently at the camera. Like his eyes are speaking at me right now.

"Thank you for everything Tin... Till next time I hope to meet you again"

I break down. It was breaking my heart. Now I am looking for a better tomorrow because I know I have him but I found out he died without even my notice. Wishing can turn back the time...

"I will meet you Can.. it was nice to finally meet you.."

-The End-

a/n: i tried to create a angst type and i think this last part was messy because im not pro so bare me please. but i hope you like it even this was the ending. :(((