Chapter 20 - The Quidditch World Cup

It felt as though as soon as Harry had lain down to sleep in Ron's room when he was being shaken awoke by Mrs Weasley.

"Time to go, Harry dear," she whispered, moving to wake Ron.

Harry, Ron and the twins eventually made their way downstairs into the kitchen. Mrs Weasley was stirring the contents of a large pot on the stove, while Mr Weasley was at at the table checking a sheaf of large parchment tickets. He looked up as the boys entered and spread his arms that they could see his clothes more clearly. He was wearing what appeared to be a golfing jumper and very old pair of jeans, slightly too big for him and held up with a thick leather belt.

"What d'you think?" he asked anxiously. "We're supposed to go incognito - do I look like a Muggle, Harry?"

"Yeah," said Harry smiling. "very good."

"Where're Bill and Charlie and Per-Per-Percy?" said George, failing to stifle a huge yawn.

"Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" said Mrs Weasley heaving the large pot over to the table and starting to ladle porridge into bowls. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in."

"So they're still in bed?" said Fred pulling his bowl of porridge towards him. "Why can't we Aparrate, too?"

"Because you're not of age and you haven't got your test."Snapped Mrs Weasley. "And where have this girls got to?"

She bustled out of the kitchen and they heard her climbing the stairs.

"You have to pass a test to Apparate?" asked Harry.

"Oh yes," said Mr Weasley, tucking the tickets safely into the back pockets of his jeans. "The Department of Magical Transportation had to fine a couple people the other day for Apparating without a licence. It's not easy, Appararion, and when it's not done properly it can lead to nasty complications. This pair I'm talking about went and splinched themselves."

Everyone around the table except Harry winced.

"Err- Splinched?"said Harry.

"They left half of themselves behind," said Mr Weasley, now spooning large amounts of treacle into his porridge. "So of course, they were struck. Couldn't move either way. Had to wait for the Accidental Magic Reversal squad to sort them out. Meant a fair odd bit of paperwork, I can tell you, what withe the Muggles who spotted the body parts they'd left behind...."

Their conversation continued until the small group heard the footsteps of Hermione and Ginny walking down the passageway. Harry could see that as the two arrived a large, orange tale also emerged from behind Hermione's legs .

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny said rubbing her eyes and sitting down at the table.

"We've got a bit of a walk." said Mr Weasley.

"Walk?" said Harry. "What, are we walking to the World Cup?"

"No, no, that's miles away." said Mr Weasley smiling. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. we have to be careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup - "

"George!" said Mrs Weasley sharply, and they all jumped.

"What?" said George, in an innocent tone that deceived nobody.

"What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't you lie to me!"