༐ 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚃 ༐

"𝓔𝓬𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓬 𝓲𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝔀𝓮𝓲𝓻𝓭. 𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓷 𝓪𝓬𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓮."

The morning air soothed across the empty meadow. Daffodils laid a bed over the land.

A sunny morning painted in beautiful warm yellows and crimson- pinks and oranges sent Sayume's heart fluttering. This was her favorite place, her secret place. A place where she can spread her wings and -

Dozens.

Dozens of blue winged butterflies, scattered from where she once stood. They played and danced with the pretty flowers. Butterflies of blue dispersed in a blast from her fingertips to her toes. Spiraling, weaving and climbing through the yellow beds.

An ordinary summer's day, as any, enjoying the quiet and beauty. Freedom is what she called it. Freedom to be who she wanted, to fly as far and as high as her wings would take her.

That particular summer's day was different. For as soon as the sun rose out from behind the trees, beaming yellow lights of warmth draping over the land, one of the many little butterflies noticed the flowers sway in an unusual direction, against the wind.

They swarm from below, hidden by flower petals to spy on the intruder, their deep blue wings hardly creating any form of camouflage against the bright yellow petals.

The little blue wings dipped deeper into the cover of the flowers, curling around their small bodies, she soon realized the sapphire scales that she adorned weren't the only things that contrasted the gold sheet that day.

The longer she stared the more she inched closer to the boy. Her heart pounding with adrenaline at her approach, uncertain of her safety, she neared the boy with pointed ears- a little like an elf's, if she ever did see one. His long dark ebony hair shaping his face in the most peculiar of ways. He seemed harmless.

Her heart jumped when the boy smiled at her. Without realizing it, the many bits of her hurdles around him

He let them sit in his hair, on his shoulders and once he took a seat on the floor under an old cherry blossom tree, they were playing all around him.

He didn't say much, nothing at all. Maybe entranced by the beauty and peace that this very special secret meadow ministered.

Time passed slowly, paused by the oddness of the quiet boy, which only intrigued her more with every ticking second. His soft smiles don't go unnoticed by her. Her butterfly form lasting as she was, she waited till the elf boy would leave to turn back. The boy presented a sort of uneasiness whenever he'd hear a sound that resembled another person approaching. He appeared to be a shy one. That's what she could tell, so the two continued to watch each other. Each with a secret to tell, but none shudder a word.

"Hey, Tamaki, there you are!" A blond boy waved smiling at the elf child, walking through the field with a girl by his side.

"Oh! Mirio, look at all the butterflies!" She gleed, pointing at the sight of their friend surrounded by his fluttering new acquaintance.

The butterflies backed away a little, while Tamaki- she recalled, got to his feet, careful not to harm the cloud of flapping wings beside him on his way up.
Contrary to how it felt, she had been in her butterfly form for not more than twenty minutes. Her interest piqued at the new people who arrived. She waited for the glorious moment when she would have this big beautiful piece of land all to herself again. Not to say she didn't enjoy a bit of company, but the boy, he had to leave at some point.