𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚃 ༐ 𝑂𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

Sayume

"Is it there?" Behind that ugly cockroach looking stage prop in the back corner? "It could be there." Hiding behind the stand alone banner up in front, next to the stage. Oooh, Sudoku club! "I know! Maybe it's scurrying on the floor."

"Sayume, what are you doing? You're missing the principal's-"

"-Talk on and on about the pride of Shiketsu. The special classes we get categorized by our quirk type. How-" Is that gum under the chair? Gross. "-students aren't allowed to fraternize with each other." Raising my head from under the seats you'd normally find in a movie theater, "The real question here is, have you been helping me find the mysterious gremlin I've been looking for?"

"Get up from down there and try to look like you're-"

Mr Tomiichi hair is what stood out to me the most first, if that wasn't the wildest bird's nest on his head, I don't know what was. And if that wasn't the bushy-est beard hanging from his chin, you can call me Kamichi. "Eh-hem. Show some respect when our principle is speaking, girls." He poked his pinched nose in the air as he strutted down the steps.

Who knows, his beard would be the perfect hiding spot for a gremlin.

Anri pulled me up by my arm, and forced me to sit in my seat. "Hey, remind me to get some cotton candy and popcorn on our way home." Peering over the crowd of heads in front of me. "Ohhh, What if it's hiding underneath the hats!?"

"Sae.yu.me." She's angry again.

Backing up in my seat, I whisper, "Thank you, kind gremlin."

The orientation went on for another one third of thirty minutes. Shiketsu's history blah blah blah, the curriculum being strict and up to the highest learning pared with the world's finest schools and ooh they're serving rice cakes today in the cafeteria.

"As discussed each student; as per the information provided on your registration form, will follow your quirk-type teacher to the respective training stadium." The principal takes off his hat, revealing that he is bald, but no mythical creature in sight. "It is up to all of you now. The future and its safety is in your hands."

"No pressure, right?" Always loved Anri's sarcasm. It's as close as she gets to being funny and I appreciate the effort.

"Emitter types, please get up and in a single file exit the auditorium. Ms. Terry will be waiting for you in the hall." The principal says and people stand, like on command.

As expected, Anri gets up from beside me. "Sayume, listen, try not to get into trouble, okay?"

"No problem. You'll hear no complaints about me. I'll be the perfect strudel I was always destined to be."

She give me a worried look, and with a silent nod she heads out of the auditorium. She's always worrying. One of these days her forehead is going to look my tummy rolls on a Tuesday night after getting my hands on some cheese burgers.

I curve around and watch as so many students walk out the auditorium. I've never seen a line so straight, organized or quiet in eighteen hours, when that parade of ants climbed the side of a tree in the park.

Wonder if we'll have lunch together?

"Those with Transform-type quirks, please follow in suit, Mr. Snyde should be waiting for you in the hall."

"That's me." I announce to... myself. "Welp," getting to my feet, I scoot myself over- "Excuse me," -into the line.

As promised, I act on my best behaviour through the whole duration of the line. The whole five minutes. Phew~