Chapter 4

To avoid any confusion, I've decided to make the rest of this story from a third person point of view instead of Kain's point of view. If I do decide to use Kain's POV, I will use a note such as this to clarify. 

Disclaimer: I do not own Ouran High School Host Club!

Sun shone gently through the windows of the Third Music Room. Said room was currently full of tropical flora and fauna, creating a mock rain-forest. Even the resident Host Club was dressed to the tropical theme. Majority of the boys were dressed with a simple loose pant, another layer of cloth tied around the waist with a sash or just a sash across the chest, and beaded or golden jewelry. Only two were in exception to this dress code: Souh Tamaki and Arashi Kain. Both of which had additional cloth covering most of the upper body. Though Tamaki wore a decent sized necklace and held a bedazzled fan in his hands. To someone without a rich background, Fujioka Haruhi, it was quite a strange experience. Quite confusing to say the least.

"According to my calendar, this is definitely still early spring..." the honor student stated, not paying much attention to the bird on her head nor the hosts behind her. The confusion soon turned to slight annoyance in the girl. The host club was just too unpredictable for Haruhi's taste.

The Host Club's self proclaimed king couldn't be more different. Tamaki thought it was suitable for the outlandish costumes and maybe a tad too over-the-top decoration of the room. "Huddling under a kotatsu table, hiding from the cold would be utter nonsense! Why else do we have this exquisite heating and cooling system?"

The king ended his short rant in a pose that, if was in a photo would be surrounded with excessive sparkles. Behind this dramatic teenager stood the vice-president of the club, the formidable Shadow King.

"Do you have some sort of issue with our club's policies? Haruhi-kun, you do owe us a debt of eight million yen," he smiled, living up to his name. His light demeanor while speaking was shadowed with a silent threat. Haruhi sweat dropped nervously as she thought back to the shattered vase worth eight million.

"Leave Haruhi-san alone, you sadistic bastard," the resident bad 'boy' butted in. A couple of days ago, the hosts had discovered that Kain was in fact a girl like Haruhi. They found it quite a shocker, seeing as they all (excluding Tamaki) had figured out Haruhi's true gender. Then again, Haruhi had no reason to hide her femininity, the hosts had only assumed she was a boy. But Kain was another case altogether, it seemed she had a legitimate reason behind her enrollment as a teenage boy though she wouldn't share the reason. She was rather reserved despite her bad boy mannerisms.

"Fine men do not bundle up in bulky clothing. It may be a chilling early spring out in the world," Tamaki continued his rant with vigor, "But in our club, we welcome our chilly little kittens into a warm, south tropical atmosphere! Oh yes! Today this room is a supreme paradise of a hot, hot island of eternal summer!"

From under the ecstatic King's arm, a dismal Haruhi muttered, "I, on the other hand, feel a chill, in every sense of the word."

But soon enough, club activities had begun and the tropical room was pulsing with energy. Each host went about their jobs, causing guests to squeal, blush, and swoon. As usual.

"What heartlessness! Even with my lustrous skin, like ivory, and finery suited for a Balinese king, all too fitting for me, I am no more but a slave to my goddess, kneeling and swearing my loyalty..." Tamaki exclaimed, lifting up the chin of his guest with a finger. Haruhi, who was nearby clearing away empty glasses, moved away with a blank expression. The opposite reaction of the guests, all of which were enthralled with the King host. "Oh yes, next week the Host Club will be hosting a dance party."