Chapter 5

"Ugh, this sucks!" a congested feminine voice groaned from its place under a pile of sheets. A head popped up from under the comforter, her short silver hair going every which way. She glared at the cheap alarm, which was screaming from across the room, with tired and blood shot eyes. Kain was most definitely sick and not happy about it. Normally, Kain was invulnerable to disease, but on the rare chance she came down with something, it hit her hard.

She pulled herself out from under her warm covers and marches sleepily over to the clock, turning it off violently by slamming a hand onto the snooze button. Forcing her eyes to stay open, Kain attempted to make it back to her mattress that lay on the floor. She lay down and drifted back to sleep when a phone rang out from beside her. 'Dammit, person. I am not answering that,' she thought. But the person on the other side of the phone didn't hear her- not that they could- and the phone continued to ring in her ear. After a few minutes, she picked it up with a scowl on her face.

"What?" she growled at the person on the other side of the phone.

"Well, hello grouchy pants. We need you to come in today. I don't care if you have to skip school or something, just be here in thirty. I really need you to come in," a man's voice came out before hanging up on her. She groans. First she got sick, now she has to do this. What she would do for rest and some tea with honey in it. But sadly, that isn't going to happen. 'At least I am skipping school…' she thought as she pulled on her sweatshirt before dragging herself down to the café she works at.

Kain arrived there just a bit after her allotted thirty minutes, earning her a firm scolding from her boss. It wasn't like she cared that much as long as she kept her job. She couldn't afford to lose this one, no matter how much she loathed this café. Not that the café was bad necessarily. To Kain, the problem was more about the customers and her uniforms. Oh, the uniforms. She looked down at her uniform for the day: a turquoise wig with pig tails on either side of her head, headphones, gray sleeve-less button up with turquoise trimmings, turquoise tie, black skirt, black knee-high socks, and two black sleeves that hang down her arm from just above her elbow. Yes, it was a Hatsune Miku cosplay. Did she mention that she works at a Vocaliod cosplay café?

By the time Kain was finished with her shift, she had been harassed fifteen different occasion by her male customers, kicked two people out of the café, and almost passed out about three times. To say she was past her limit would be an understatement. She sighed in relief as she left the café and headed back home to have a well deserved loving reunion with her mattress. Upon coming to her door, she sneezed into her elbow. Then again.

"Someone must be talking about me…" she muttered.

And Kain was right, at the same moment she had arrived home, the hosts were discussing Haruhi and Kain's bleak futures with the up-and-coming physical exam.

"Indeed! This anime has always been a school love comedy. Haruhi and I are clearly necessary components of the romance," Tamaki mused to the rest of the hosts that were gathered.

"Then what about us?" the twins muttered. In response to this, Tamaki smirked and pointed a dramatic finger at them.

"Why, you're the homosexual supporting cast! Or the reverse harem!" he cheered as he drew an imaginary line between him and the hosts. "Make sure not to cross this line."

"I'm kind of disgusted by this," Hikaru muttered. He really didn't have a right to say as such, seeing as he acts as if he's in love with his brother for show. But, nonetheless, it still was a bit annoying. "On the other hand…"

"Don't you realize, sir.." Kaoru continued for his brother.

"If its found out Haru-chan and Kai-chan are girls, they can't be hosts anymore!" Honey finished off the point the twins were trying to make. Tamaki paled and went ridgid in his realization. "But if the girls started wearing girl clothes, they'd look even cuter, huh? Haru-chan dressed like a regular girl when she was in middle school, so she must have been popular with the guys. I'm not sure about Kain though."