6

Lee Jeno, we loved each other. We met at high school, when I first enrolled at SOPA. He was there with Donghyuck, laughing as they were chowing down their snacks.

I was the shy new student from Japan. Our eyes met the first time and he smiled at me, I bowed my head and walked away like nothing happened.

That was the first time we saw each other.

My first day of class, I met new friends instantly. I remembered Yeji smiling at me so widely her eyes were sparkling with delight. She looks like a cat and with her pigtails, she kind of looks like she is cosplaying a manga character or something.

Yeji introduced me to my classmates, and also offered to give me some photocopies of her notes since I was a bit behind on the lessons. Suddenly, a loud laugh was heard coming in the room. It was them again, the 2 people I met at enrollment.

"Yah, dumb and dumber, can you be quiet? We have a new classmate." Yeji said and introduced me as the boys introduced themselves.

The tan, loud boy with wide eyes is Lee Donghyuck, and the boy who is taller than him with crescent eyes is Lee Jeno.

They were dumb and dumber because they are loud, and also top students of the class. Mostly, top students are prim and model students, but these 2 just ruined that image.

My years in SOPA were just normal, all of my classmates were nice to me, Yeji always hangs out with me at lunch, while Jeno and Donghyuck always walks with me home.

We all became friends, helped each other and just have fun.

Until we just went up to Junior year of high school, where Donghyuck always bails on us when walking home and Yeji just keeps on saying that she needs to meet someone when eating lunch, leaving Jeno and I always together.

"I smell something fishy here."

"My lunch is sushi." He said "sorry."

"No not that!" I said and he just chuckled, "I feel like they are bailing on purpose."

"Donghyuck and Yeji?" I nodded, "they have their reasons."

"Do you think they're dating?" I saw him choke on his sushi as his eyes widen, "that's why they are sneaking off and leaving us."

He drank water and sighed. He then looked at me with a serious gaze, "really?"

I shrugged at him, "what do you think?" He suddenly went forward which caught me offguard, my eyes went wide as he smuggly smiled at me.

I was drawn on how his eyes turn into crescents whenever he smiles, it even twinkles when you stare at it for a long time.

"Have you ever received a confession before?"

"Confession?" I tilt my head on the side, "what does it mean?" My korean was still lacking and it was a new word for me

"Like a love letter," I understood instantly "those stuff."

"Well.." I suddenlt flashback to the time when my middle school classmate Yangyang gave me a box of chocolates on Valentine's Day, does that count as a confession? "I don't think I have."

"Then here." He said then gave me an envelope and a single rose with 3 chocolate kisses tied on it prettily. "Don't give me an answer yet, I'll wait."

Jeno then stood up with his lunchbox and ruffled my hair before leaving, I didn't know why my heart started beating rapidly the moment he gave me those gifts, I don't know of he noticed how red my cheeks was because I can feel the heat even without touching my face.