Chapter 3: Welcome to Level 6

{Iris's POV}
I meet up with Scarlet in the break room. "Hey! I did great; aced that test. I didn't even need to charge my electric swords." I wait happily next to Scarlet, though inside I feel more nervous than ever. It's like I've got buttfl... spiders in my stomach.

{Scarlet's POV}
I congratulate Iris on her victory. Now Iris and I and the other cadets have to wait to find out who passed. Waiting was agony. Again, time passed as slowly as it could. I notice Iris was missing her shoes but don't question it because I know her well enough to not expect anything different. I look up and see that the other six cadets are as restless as I am.

Finally a voice over a speaker sounds, "Cadets Ayame, Jackels, and Winchester report to Room 105 on Floor 40." Iris and I exchange an excited glance and eagerly, 'but still remain professional,' walk to the elevator where we join Levi Jackels.

The ride is silent and slightly awkward, for me at least. I watch Levi through my peripherals. As always, he looks calm and collected. I don't really know him. He's nineteen, 6 foot 1, not at all bulky. I tried practicing with him once during training. He's extremely good at hand-to-hand combat but he came across as arrogant; that he was above fighting with me... with any of us. Needless to say, I don't like him.

Our trio is just outside Room 105. Iris knocks. The door opens and we are led to the agent's desk which has three S.H.I.E.L.D. badges and three of the same case file. The agent shakes our hands giving each of us our badge and says, "I'm Agent Kyle Hannaway. I'm your supervising officer, S-O for short, and will be preparing you all to join the Avengers. Welcome to Level 6."

So that's what all the secrecy was about. They were looking to see if we had what it takes to be Avengers.

This information hit me like I just got sucker punched by the Hulk. I know I was smiling like an idiot, but my brain was having trouble processing what I had just heard. I just remain there smiling.

{Iris's POV}
I take a deep breath and knock on the door. I walk in ahead of the others; heart pumping out of my chest. I get distracted momentarily by my irritation of Jackels. I had practiced with him a little, and I'll admit he was good, but he can come off as a jerk. 'How did he get on this team?'

I'm so excited as I receive my badge from Agent Hannaway. I want to make a really good impression by standing at attention and only speaking semi-familiar, "Thank you Agent Hannaway. It's an honor." I manage to keep myself from jumping on the walls, but I can't hide the huge smile on my face.

I'm excited and scared at the same time. What if I do something stupid in front of the Avengers? They'll look at me like I'm just a useless rookie. I try to ignore the fear and go back to being excited.