Chapter 4: Surprise in the Toy Store

[one month later]
{Scarlet's POV}

We eventually made progress. The case file we were given a month ago contained information on A.I.M. and some big thing they were planning. Our very first mission, and final test, was to figure out what this big plan was.

Levi managed to to find some chatter using an algorithm I created, or rather brainstormed, but it wouldn't quite work the way I had planned... 'How the heck could I not get my own algorithm to work!?'... *ugh*... Anyways, Levi made the right tweaks which got us results, vague results, but we were getting desperate...'not really I was just getting bored'... All we could gather were a few words: A.I.M., extremis, Dr. Erskine, & super soldier.

I couldn't pinpoint an exact location but I managed to track the signal within a two mile radius. Within this circle was just a normal giant shopping plaza.

I turn to Levi, "I guess we're going undercover." "It would be a waste of time. Wherever the signal is, it'll be gone when we get there." "Not if we leave right now," I say already standing up. "Even if we do go right now, what do we do when we get there?" "Well, since we found the frequency, it's a live signal meaning if we use a tracking system on our phones, then the closer we get to the signal we'll be able to find its exact location." "Fine, I guess that plan will work," he says less than enthusiastic. I thought he'd be at least a little bit interested.

I leave to go find Iris playing on her DS, no doubt it's Pokemon.

{Iris's POV}

My teammates were in the other room while I was playing Pokémon on my DS on my break time. Being a spy was fun and all, but I was getting a little tired of all this training. I want to start fighting for real with the Avengers!

Suddenly Scarlet bursts into the room, "Hey Iris, how would you like to go undercover. Not that there's much of a choice really cause we have to leave right now for anything to work." I close my DS, put it in my bag and jump up. This is the action I had been waiting for, "Yeah! Let's get going!"

{Scarlet's POV}

We arrive at the plaza at 1200; we came across the signal at 1125. I checked for the signal, it's still streaming.

I inform Iris and Levi on what I have planned, "We each split up to cover more ground. The idea is to figure out where the signal is strongest then we'll regroup wherever that is and go from there. Any questions, comments, concerns?"

I look at my teammates, I can tell Iris is excited. She may not be the brightest sometimes but she's level headed when she needs to be; I would trust her with my life.

Over the last month I've come to trust Levi a little bit but not quite with my life. Usually I can read people fairly well including Levi but not now. Right now he's a padlocked diary inside a gun safe.

"Allrightee, let's move out then."

{Iris's POV}

We all break off and search for the origin of the signal. After a while of getting nothing Levi calls back in, "I've got it! Meet me by the old empty toy store. Hurry."

We all regroup with Levi inside toward the back of the store. I whisper, "So what's the plan?" Levi smirks, "I was thinking tranquilizer..."

Without warning, Scarlet collapses; I feel a sharp pain in my neck and everything begins to blur out.

The last thing I notice is Levi's figure over us and another dark figure coming up next to him.

I barely hear Levi utter to the other figure, "Hail Hydra."