Corbin & Kasidy

"DON'T DO IT!" Corbin yelled.

"I've been practicing, plus we're out of time," Kasidy replied.

"You blew up my grandfather's house last time." Yelled Corbin.

"That was three months ago," Kasidy stated.

"Exactly!" Corbin said

"Corbin, we are trapped unless you have another way out I've got to use the blue portal."

" But, it'll take us to a new world and I love this one."

" You can stay, but I'm not dying today, now come over here and hold my arm." Kasidy snapped.

"I don't want to die either," Corbin mumbled and jogged over to Kasidy.

"Hold my arm and I'll get us, ghost," Kasidy said and lit one of those blue-tipped matches I saw her use once before.

She then started mumbling words I didn't understand and didn't want to.

After a few seconds, blue Sparks came from her hands, she put her hands together and started pulling them apart again the shape of a circle was forming.

Glancing towards the door, I caught sight of my old tattered backpack, which I didn't care about but, I've got my recently dead grandfather's ole' journal I haven't even mourned yet since meeting Kasidy.

I know it has stories to tell. Corbin thought and let go of Kasidy.

"Kasidy wait!" Corbin said and ran back to the bag, hooking it into the crock of his arm and ran back to where she was standing holding a circle portal.

Just then the door cracks wide open before their eyes and black-armored soldiers storm through the gap.

"GRAB MY ARM CARBON" Kasidy yells frantically.

By now she's got a flickering blue flame that's got a borderline circle in front of her.

"It's Corbin" he yells and grabs on to her waist for dear life and they lunge into the circle headfirst.

Corbin looked up just in time to see screaming skulls on fire, fallen into themselves.

Corbin shuddered and look away forever with the images seared into his once semi-innocent brain forever damage.

"That was a close call Corbin," Kasidy said reaching down to give him a hand.

"Where are we?" Corbin manages at the moment and glanced down to make sure his grandfather's journal is still with him.

"I've no clue but, it's not where we were before." Kasidy replies, come on let us use the dark to hide for some sleep."

"What no light?" Corbin asked.

"If we must", Kasidy replied and holds her thumb out to lite the way.

How is it you need colored matches to do things but, you can lite the way with just your thumb? Corbin examined.

"It's a basic magic spell, little kids are taught in case they are too scared of the dark," Kasidy puffed out, now let's get going.

††††††††††††††††††††††††††

The ground is soft beneath their feet and it's really dark but, for the small lite from Kasidy's thumb.

After walking what feels like forever Kasidy and Corbin stumble on to a tunnel entrance.

"We'll hide in this tunnel and hope we have daylight in a few hours. Kasidy announced and bent down and entered the tunnel, Corbin followed her inside.

Great, I've been far away from home for weeks and Im hungry Corbin grumbled.

"Sleep now, eat later," Kasidy replied and the lite went out on her thumb.