Cale Magne

April 05, 1892

To the future Magne Males,

If you are reading this, then the cloaking spell has been broken upon my death and you possess the Magne bloodline to decipher my words.

I have been unjustly imprisoned in a dungeon, not fit for any male of noble birth.

I have until recently been serving Lord Valtteri as his guiding essence but, his eldest son commands to be our new Lord and has been slipping his father a sleeping potion.

Most likely from my own bottles.

I stand accused of being a Warlock and causing War and Mayhem in our province, but the truth is far more sinister.

I have served Lord Valtteri as his guiding essence, but his eldest son now seeks to take his place as Lord and has been slipping his father a sleeping potion, most likely from my own potion bottles.

I have warned Lord Valtteri of his son's dark aura and intentions, but he saw no harm in the boy as they are blood. And his son knew one day would be his time to rule, having been groomed for it with my guidance.

But in his father's absence, he has forced us into war with our neighboring lands.

To answer your burning question, am I a Warlock? If you have read the beginning of this letter, then you already have your answer.

I leave it for you to ponder.

I expect to live another day and shall write more.

June 06, 1892

I "overheard" that I am to be sentenced to a good, proper burning in front of the new Lord's hall, well outside the city walls, but I still have much to do. I am waiting for a package that may change my fate.

Are you a Warlock? I am sure that question burns in your mind.

If you are a male of the Magne bloodline, then yes, only males of our line can read this letter.

I do not know if I have any children, but it is quite possible as I am indeed dashing.

I have never taken a wife or bore any proper children, so chances are you stumbled upon this letter by accident.

I have sent my sister and her two daughters to another realm and I aim to join them soon, but first I must see this plan through.

I expect to live another day and shall write more.