Lady Harvest

The evening sky was alight with fire, the once calming star filled night now over taking by blackened smoke.

Lady Harvest sat up in her bed, looking out the window at what lay below.

The sound of battle was getting closer, and Lady Harvest knew that their time was running out.

Lana entered the room and walked over to her.

"Mother, I don't understand. Why are we under attack?" Lana asked, fear etched on her young face.

"Come sit with me, my daughter," Lady Harvest replied, patting the bed beside her.

"Mother we need to leave!" Lana said.

BOOM, the ground shook beneath them causing the walls to shake. There was more screaming that pierced the midnight air.

Just as Lady Harvest was about to speak, there was a knock on the door.

'Enter" said Lady Harvest.

Jaya a protector of the Lunar Realm entered with very little sound.

"Excuse me, my Lady, but they just broke through the outer gates."

"Thank you, Jaya, for the update." Lady Harvest replied you can go.

"Yes my Lady, I shall keep you informed," Jaya replied.

Jaya turned around to leave the room.

"Jaya go and gather your family and take them somewhere safe, your service is no longer required." Commanded Lady Harvest.

Jaya looked over his shoulder smiled at us and then jogged out of the room.

Lady Harvest pat her bed, Lana do come sit.

"We must go, mother, please you can tell me stories later." Lana cried out and began to lift her mother up.

"There's no time and I'm too sick to leave." Lady Harvest replied.

"What is it you wish for me mother?" Lana asked.

" You must jump until you find the earth realm." Explained Lady Harvest.

"Earth realm? But it's been said it's hundreds or maybe even thousands of realms away, mother why would I go there?" Lana asked.

"To find," cough...

" Mother!"

" I'm fine, now listen to find your cousin. His name is Corbin."

"But, why would I do that?" Lana asked.

"He can protect you now."

"Dress like a boy and use the Blue Match to get off this realm for it's no longer your home and grab my diary, you have much to learn and that will help you."

"I'm dying, please go daughter and find your cousin." Lady Harvest Begged.

"I love you mother and thank you for being here for me." Lana cried out.

"I love you too, now grab the matches and leave at once."

Grabbing Mother's diary, Lana left the room and hurried to her own.

Getting a knapsack from her closet, she loaded it up with her mother's diary, several boxes of matches, some proper travel clothing and her cherished jewelry box.

Lana hurry up and got dressed in her father's clothes, she took from his chambers on the way to her own. These where the only parts she had left of him.

Lana crept out of her rooms and snuck into Kasidy's rooms which has been for bidding since her disappearance two years ago.

Grabbing the jewelry box identical to her own she then hurried out of the rooms and began running to the dungeon, at the bottom of the castle flames starting to run down the walls, heavy smoke clouding the hallways bit by bit.

The fire crackled and roared as Lana made her way through the castle, her heart pounding in her chest. The once grand halls were now filled with smoke and debris, and she could hear the sounds of battle ringing out in the distance. She knew she had to hurry if she was going to make it out alive.

As she reached the dungeon, she fumbled in her pocket for the Blue Match her mother had given her. Taking a deep breath, she struck it against the wall and tossed it into the dark abyss below.

With a whoosh, a blue portal opened up before her, and she could see the lush green fields of the Earth Realm on the other side. Without hesitation, she jumped through the portal, leaving the chaos and destruction of her home realm behind.

As she landed on the soft grass, she could feel the tears streaming down her face. She had lost everything now, her home, her mother, the last of her life on Lunar. But she knew she had to be strong, for her mother's sake.

She pulled out the diary her mother had given her and flipped through the pages, reading bits and pieces of the stories stories and secrets of her family's heritage.

She knew that finding her cousin was her only hope of survival, and she was determined to do whatever it took to find him and protect herself in this new realm.

With a heavy heart, but a determined spirit, Lana set off into the unknown, ready to take on whatever challenges lay ahead.