Chapter III: Solo Cups and Sativa

The party at the Westbrook estate was well underway as girls in bikinis walked through the house being followed by shirtless boys who were soaked in water. Drinking games were being played and the amount of smog from all the various things everyone was smoking was thick.

Carter was talking to a group of girls who latched onto him like gum the second they spotted the taller boy. Shiloh was following Alex towards the back of the house where the kitchen and pool was. The screams and splashing of teens in the pool being heard over the music that played.

Once they entered the kitchen they were greeted with a table full of red solo cups and a variety of alcoholic drinks from whiskey, rum and vodka to bottles of Hpnotiq, Patron and even Baileys. The island with all the bottles was a teenager's drunk dream and the parent's worst nightmare.

There were a couple students from Shiloh's class that recognized him and greeted him as he entered the kitchen. Shiloh wasn't popular the way Alex and Carter were, he was just known by others because he knew Alex and was related to Carter. He was just Alex's best friend and Carter's older brother to most. But his feminine looks were something that garnered attention even if he didn't want it to. It was hard to ignore the redhead when he was one of the only redheads in Wolfpine.

Alex took two clean solo cups and browsed through the drinks before settling on a bottle of pineapple Ciroc. He removed the top and started pouring the clear liquid into the cup. Shiloh couldn't help but internally cringe and be impressed as he watched Alex take a gulp of the strong alcohol before grimacing and saying, "That burned." Before taking another gulp.

Alex gestured with the bottle to which Shiloh shook his head when he read the 70% proof label. Alex shrugged his shoulders before pouring some more in the cup and glancing at the other bottles.

Shiloh looked at the bottles of alcohol, none really looking appealing. He settled on the blue bottle of Hpnotiq that was half empty and poured a little bit in his cup before taking a sip and enjoying the sweet flavor. He poured himself some more and placed the bottle down looking towards a glassy eyed Alex, who within the 2 minutes it took Shiloh to find a drink was now drinking a brown drink which was not good and that decision was definitely going to bite Alex in the ass the next morning.

The blonde gave Shiloh a sly smile before saying, "Stay warm my friend." Before exiting the kitchen. Shiloh watched as Alex began dancing with a girl to the music that was playing while sipping from his cup.

Not really sure of what to do now that he was by himself Shiloh simply slipped into one of the living rooms which was the smoke room of the house since everyone was smoking from either a blunt, bong or pipe. They were all watching some strange show on the television and laughing every so often as they spoke amongst themselves.

Shiloh sipped on his drink for a while before he started to feel the buzz of the alcohol. His body was warming up and the sweater he wore was not helping in cooling him down. There were a couple bottles of alcohol on the living room table which he poured into his cup and grimaced at the burning bitter taste of it as it went down his throat and sloshed into his stomach.

The guy next to Shiloh offered the boy a pass at the blunt to which Shiloh didn't take. After sitting and doing nothing Shiloh stood too fast which made the room distort and he stumbled back into his seat making the guy next to him laugh. Shiloh giggled to himself as the guy laughed at him.

The guy offered Shiloh a try at the blunt to which Shiloh agreed to this time around.

The guy who was already high himself was trying to explain to Shiloh how to inhale since the redhead looked confused at what to do.

After taking a larger than necessary hit Shiloh coughed uncontrollably for what felt like hours but only a couple minutes had passed. Whatever it was he smoked crashed into him hard and fast as everything started to sound too loud and look too bright. But the fuzzy feeling of floating was something he enjoyed as he signed in relief like he was letting go of all of his burdens.

While Shiloh was smoking and drinking in the living room enjoying the feeling of being crossfaded, the redhead felt a strange feeling in his stomach. At first, he thought he was going to puke so he quickly tried to make his way to the nearest bathroom but everything was swirling and going fast but sluggishly slow at the exact same time. It was like he was going through a time warp as he stumbled around the Westwood estate.

He slowly made his way upstairs in the home away from the people and music and flashy lights into the bright hallway. Looking at the walls Shiloh saw the controls for the lights brightness and dimmed it in the hall so he could see better since his eyelids were drooping.

As Shiloh made his way down the hall one of the doors opened. Stepping out of the room was the captain of the football team, Travis Moore. Travis was an attractive tall boy with dirty blonde hair and the All-American-Boy-Next-Door look. A total heart throb to most, Shiloh included.

"Hey, Travis congrats dude on winning and shit." Shiloh slurred as he swayed back and forth where he stood.

"Thanks man." The taller boy said with a sheepish look, behind him Shiloh could see movement. Behind Travis, even though he was tall, Shiloh could make out the dressing figure of the girl in the room behind him. And from what little he could see; the girl was a blonde and definitely not Samantha.

"Hey," Shiloh started, taking a wobbly step towards the football player. When his knee gave out Shiloh stumbled into Travis, the tall boy catching the redhead.

Letting out a sigh at the feeling of being held, Shiloh closed his eyes for a second before a shrill high pitched "Travis!" stung his ear.

Stepping back, or actually being pushed back but Travis, Shiloh watched as Samantha marched towards the two boys glaring at Shiloh like he was scum at the bottom of her overpriced heels.

"What the hell are you doing with him?" she questioned, jumping to conclusions about the predicament she saw the two in.

Trying as casually as he could, Travis tried closing the door to the open bedroom behind him and he responded with an annoyed sigh, "He's obviously drunk and high off something Sam."

"So, toss him aside or something, he's not your problem." She said, rolling her eyes at Travis who looked like he wanted to be anywhere but where he was at the moment.

There was a small sound that came from the room that Shiloh didn't notice but Samantha clearly did as she turned her head to the now closed door.

"What the fuck was that." She questioned, reaching for the door handle but was blocked by Travis.

"Nothing," he said quickly, pushing her back, "let's go downstairs."

The feeling of being watched came over Shiloh again as he looked up and down the hall. There was another sound that came from the room, this time loud enough for Shiloh's scattered senses to catch.

This time Travis couldn't stop Samantha as she threw the door open revealing the blonde girl in the room on her hands and knees holding something in her hand. Samantha looked from the girl to Travis who was staring at the girl on the floor.

"What the fuck." Samantha screamed.

On closer inspection the thing the girl was holding was pink and lacey. Finally clicking in his mind that those were her panties Shiloh watched with wide eyes as hell broke loose when Samantha realized what he just realized a moment ago.

The brunette was visibly upset as she yelled at Travis and called the blonde girl all types of whores and bitches. Travis tried to calm down the infuriated girl which seemed to make things worse. Shiloh on the other hand decided it was best not to stay and watch what happens next.

The redhead slowly walked away as he thought to himself, Yikes, that was super awkward.