Because I love you

*This takes place in the movie twt*

  "I want you to leave Branch, you too Biggie, I can do this by myself." Poppy said. "It would be better to do this myself anyway"

"Yourself! Are you insane! Poppy, just us three isn't even enough for this "tour!" We don't even have Hickory anymore because Barb's trolls got him. And you expect to do this yourself? No way! I'm staying by your side, I want to protect you." Branch grabbed her hand

"I would be better by myself! I don't need you to protect me!" Poppy drew her hand away from Branch and walked to the other side of the camp fire "Just go..."

"Poppy what has got into you! You pinky promised to keep me safe! And now you want us to leave where we can get captured too! What happened to our plan? What happened to you?" Biggie held on to his worm Mr.Dinkles.

Those words sunk into Poppy's heart. Why did she want them to leave? Why was she even mad in the first place? She didn't know. She was just angry. More angry than she has ever been.

"Nothing is wrong with me! You guys are getting in my way and I want y'all gone! So leave!" Poppy yelled. Biggie gasped "Fine Poppy, I see how you really are, I'll  leave and you will never see me again, ever." Biggie ran from the queen in front of him. Devastated. 

Poppy felt her heart sink even lower. She didn't even realize what she had been saying. Biggie was now gone. She looked at Branch who was looking at the ground. "Branch.. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it," Poppy felt a tear run down her cheek, "I'm sorry"

"Oh don't bother apologizing to me, since I get in the way of your plans, since you want me to leave. Goodbye Poppy, I wish you the best." Branch began to run.

"Fine Branch be like that! You know what? Maybe you should go back to your days in the bunker. Your just a burden, to all of us," She said with anger in her eyes.

Branch stopped when he heard that. He even began to cry. "Fine Poppy, maybe I just will" he wiped his cheek with his wrist as he began to run again.

Seeing Branch run from her made her heart hurt even worse. That was the love of her life, and to see that she hurt him, made her want to just cry. "What have I done?" She cried

              **********************************

Poppy was now locked up in a cage. After her two friends had left, she was helpless. So she was an easy target for the red haired rock troll, Barb. The last words Branch had said to her rang in her head. She said it again, "what have I done.." Poppy leaned her back against the cage and slid down. She raised her knees to her chest and she began to sob. "He was right, I couldn't do this alone" Poppy cried.

"Oh he was right!" Barb smiled. "You helpless troll. Since you couldn't be there for your friend I decided to be. Rock trolls have no emotion, and when I found that Branch troll, he was hurt, by who? Lemme guess, you. So now he's one of us now. Ha ha!"

"What did you do!" Poppy shook on the cage door.
"I didn't do anything bad, I just took his pain away. And since you don't need him, he will always stay one of us! Ha ha!"

"But I do need him! You don't understand!" Poppy began to cry again. "Yeah probably just to get out of here. You don't care about him. But we do!" She was now messing with Poppy. "Yeah!" Riff said from the corner of the room.

"Oh Branchhh! Come here! Your new best friend wants to see you!" Barb called for the now rock troll.

"He is not your best friend! He's my best friend! I know what I said! But I didn't mean it"

"Oh sure you didn't!" Branch said. He now wore navy blue pants with no vest, but he did have a skull tattoo, his hair was even different, it was more messy instead of being slick up. His eyes also glowed red due to being under Barbs spell.

Poppy stood there in shock, he was a totally different troll, he was not the Branch she knew and loved.
"I'm going to let y'all catch up! Don't let her outt! Come on Riff let's go," The two trolls left the room. Only leaving Branch and Poppy. Branch sat down in the nearest chair.

"Branch I'm sorry, I screwed up. Yes I know what I said, but I need you the most right now, Please Branch." Poppy wiped the tears running down her face.

"Oh please Poppy, you don't care about me. You just want me to get you out of here so you can go back to singing, dancing and hugging. You don't need me, I bet you would rather it be me back in my bunker, I mean you said it after all." Branch was tossing a drum stick in the air he found on the floor.

"Branch I do care about you. Believe me or not, I know what I said, I can't take it back. But the truth is, I was scared. I was scared that this mission was gonna blow up in my face. I was scared you were going to see me fail.."

Branch looked up at Poppy, somewhat confused. "Yeah believe me or not. I didn't want you to see that I was scared of this plan being a total bust. So I pushed you guys away. But I need you a lot more than anything right now, and Biggie too but mostly because- I'm in love with you God trollit!" Poppy put a hand over her hand as she cringed about what she had just said.

Branch began to slowly clap. "Good one Poppy! Come up with that on the way here? You don't love me, Im just a burden to you, like you said." Branch spoke.

"Yeah your such a burned to me , but that's why I call you my best friend. And If I didn't love you why do you think I always want to be around you, why do I get so happy when you come around and sad when you leave? Why do I spend the most time with you? Why do I always want to you to hold my hand? Why do I love your hugs the most? Why do I always want to sing with you? Why do you think I never gave up on you?"

Branch looked up. He had no idea what to say. "And you can't say it's because I "felt bad" either. It was because there was always something about you that I wanted so bad but I couldn't figure it out and it drove me crazy. I never gave up on you because I wanted you to be happy.. just like when we were kids. I wanted you back. Because I love you. And if you don't believe me and want to stay here. Than that's your choice.

Branch stood up, he started walking towards the cage which made Poppy stumble back out of fear. He unlocked the cage making Poppy start to cry thinking he was going to hurt her. "I'm sorry" Poppy sobbed. But then looked into his eyes, they were no longer red. They were the beautiful blue color she loved.

He looked at her for a second then pulled her into a hug. Poppy hugged back and began to cry in the crook of his neck. "I'm so sorry" she cried even harder. Branch began to rub her back and held her even tighter "shh, shh it's okay," He comforted her making her calm down.

She finally began to stop crying. Branch lifted her head up with his hand under her chin. "It's okay Poppy, I believe you." He smiled.

Poppy smiled. She was happy to have him back. She was so scared that she had lost him. "And one more thing," Branch smiled. "What?" Poppy looked at him.

Branch then put a hand on her cheek and kissed her, Poppy was a little shocked at first but then kissed back, wrapping her arms around his neck.

He then broke the kiss and said "I love you too. Now, let's go save the world."

Not really that proud of this but I still hoped you liked it.