Secrets

Sorry for not posting in a while been busy with online school. Will try and post more often.

     It had been almost a year since the trolls made peace with the Bergans. Everyone wad happy including the queens new best friend (sorry Branchie this is before y'all get together), Branch after getting his true colors. He always attended parties and did troll like activities. But what people didn't know is what he went through alone.

     There would be days where he would stay in all day and sob and shake in the corner of his room. He would sometimes get the same nightmare of the last few minutes with his grandma up to where she was taken. Loosing his grandma at such a young age scared the troll to this day. He believed it was all his fault. He hated the fact that his grandma when through so much pain and died all because he sang. His grandma was dead and he believed was his fault.

      It was a regular day for the trolls, everyone went on with their day except for Branch. His grandmothers birthday was coming up soon and he didn't know how to handle it. Yes it's been years but he still had a hard time with it. She was his only family. His parents left him after King Thrash began his plan to take all the stings, they wanted him to stay safe, so they took him to his grandmothers to stay there. They believed that the rock lifestyle was no good for him (Y'all get the idea that Branch is a rock troll 😉)

      Branch had spent his whole day in tears. He missed her so bad. He missed the memories they shared, he missed her voice, he missed how she would take him to the park to play with the other children while she read her favorite book. He wanted it back so bad. But he would never get it back.

     The blue troll tried to take a shower to calm his nerves but that didn't help at all. He cried in the corner of the shower as hot water ran down on him for 20 minutes. He was too weak to stand up. Or do anything in that matter.

      He eventually got out and put some clothes on and laid in his bed. He no longer was crying, he felt emotionless. Completely numb inside. He was so broken and held so much pain in. The sad part was that everyone thought he was okay. But he wasn't. He didn't want anyone to worry or pity him. So he acted happy around everyone. Although there was a troll who knew something was going on with him.( you probably already know). And she had to get to the bottom of it.

      The queen of the trolls had been worried about her best friend Branch for days. The last time she saw him was a week ago and he seemed really sad. Branch was a very outgoing troll and it's not like him to stay inside. So she decided to go to his bunker to make sure he was okay.

        The queen knocked on his door any waited for a few seconds for a response, there wasn't one. "Branch open up!!" Poppy knocked again a little louder. She waited again and still no response. She sighed and sat down waiting to see if he would get up answer the door. She didn't want to just leave, she was worried sick about the poor troll.

      Branch heard the knocking but he didn't want to get up. He knew it was Poppy and felt bad to ignore her but he didn't want her to worry. So just stayed quiet so she would think he wasn't home. But Poppy wasn't buying that crap.

       The pink troll knocked one more time, " I know your home Branch. Please let me in I'm really worried about you. And it scares me that you haven't come out. So just please let me know you okay, please?"  Branch could tell she was worried. He groaned and walked to the platform that took him to the front door of his bunker. He opened the door, "I'm okay," he looked at Poppy. But the queen knew he wasn't. 

      He looked like he had been crying and  had not slept for days. She felt bad but didn't want to smother him. So she said nothing and gave him a hug and rubbed his back. Branch was a little surprised at first but then weakly hugged back. Poppy split the hug and asked, "can I come in?" Branch looked at her for a few seconds and then agreed

     The two trolls made it to Branch's couch and both sat down. Poppy noticed that Branch was staring off a lot, like he had a lot on his mind. "Hey are you okay Branch. If you need to talk I'm here," Poppy smiled at him. Branch looked at her for a second then looked to the ground. He wanted to cry to her and tell her everything. But he didn't want her to worry or to freak out. So he shook his head no. Poppy sighed. She knew there was something wrong with him.

      "Branch I'm worried about you. Please talk to me, I won't tell anyone and I won't smother you if that's what your worried about. I'm here for you and I love you Branch."  Those words hit Branch deep. He felt tears sting his eyes. He didn't say anything, he just leaned over and hugged Poppy and began to cry.

     Poppy hugged him back and pulled him closer to her, still a little shocked her words affected him that deeply. Be began to shake. The queen ran a hand down his back, "shh shh it's okay I got you, your okay shh," she cooed. It made her sad to see him this broken. She knew it had to be his grandma or something else. But that wasn't important yet, calming him down was.

     "It's okay, it's okay I'm here, shh," she spoke softly    He was still shaking and crying uncontrollably. He wanted to cry to her about this for a long time but was too scared to, do he kept it all a secret.
"She's gone and it's all my fault. She was killed all because of me she went through so much pain and died in a horrible way thanks to me. I'm a failure poppy. I'm so sorry," Branch shakily spoke. He was hurt and blamed it on himself.

      Poppy put a hand under the males chin and lifted his head. She wiped his tears with her thumbs and kissed his forehead, which made them both blush a little. What Branch had said shocked Poppy. She hated seeing him this sad and wanted to hold him forever and let him cry and let all the pain he needs to out. "Branch, you have nothing to be sorry for, it's not your fault. You did nothing wrong. I know you may feel that way but trust me, you have no control over what the Bergans did to us. She saved you, and I owe her big time one because I wouldn't be here without you. You saved me. And I need you so much. I bet your grandma is so proud of you and know she loves you."

       Branch froze in shock. Did she mean that? It truly touched him. Branch's eyes began to water but they both knew it wasn't a bad thing this time. Branch kissed the queen on the cheek and hugged her again and said "thank you so much" and nuzzled closer to her. Poppy wrapped her arms around him as he began to doze off. He knew he would never have to go through anything alone now. He would no longer have to keep secrets.

      Hope you guys like this, I will try and posy again shortly sorry for not talking requests. I just really wanted to write this ❤️