BOTW Link x Reader- Troubled

A.N: The plot in this is kind of awkward, it's been a long time since I've properly written like this so it's difficult to get used to- especially as my writing style has adapted slightly compared to when I was younger. I hope you can enjoy it regardless. Also I don't think I've ever written Link's character before which is hilarious because LoZ is the fandom I've been part of the longest.

You could hear the rain pelting on the windows of the small house you stayed in, just off the outskirts of Hateno Village. The wind howled ferociously, causing the wooden framework to rattle with an aging groan.

It had been a week since you had agreed to stay in this house with your new acquaintance, Link. A mutual agreement had been reached so that you finally had a roof over your head and he didn't have to worry about the house being in a state whenever he came back to rest during his travels.

Your meeting had been a chance one, he managed to rescue you after a group of Bokoblins tried to set up their camp where you already had yours.

---------

The brutish thugs had woken you with a start, picking up items you had foolishly left scattered around and tossing them out of the way. Your fire had been stomped out and everything happened so quickly you didn't even have time to comprehend that it was even occurring until you were thrown up against a thick tree.

With a pained yelp, you staggered to your feet and tried to run through the monsters to reach your weapons but they simply hacked and slashed in your direction, trying to scare you away.

That was when he rode in, deftly felling the enemies with simple slices from the elegant sword he held. Small shouts of "hyah!" escaped him as he leapt off his horse to finish off the few that had dared to wander too close.

You had been left shaking where you knelt, having collapsed due to shock. Fists bunched up in the grass and dirt, you took in deep breaths to regain your composure.

He approached you, looking concerned. A hand was held out to help you up and you took it gingerly, knees wobbling as you stood. Your ankles buckled and you fell forwards, just in time for him to catch you around your waist. You could see him stifle a small gentle laugh, knowing it was inappropriate to do so whilst you were potentially hurting.

"Thank you," you mumbled, breathy and still quivering from the encounter with the monsters. Your rescuer merely nodded acknowledgingly, helping you regain your balance before letting go of you.

"I really could have been dead without you," you remarked, going to pick up the stray items that had been tossed around the area. There was no response, so you continued to speak. "I'm usually better prepared than this, I was caught off guard."

You finished collecting your items, making sure that all of them were secured tightly to your pack. A quick inventory check showed that you were still missing something and your heart sank. You could only hope that it hadn't been taken too far out of sight.

As you knelt down in some shrubbery to try and find it, breath hitching and pulse rising out of fear, you felt a presence beside you. It was the man who had just saved you, mimicking your actions and rifling through the foliage to try and help.

"It's a pocketwatch," you told him, to give him a better idea of what to look for. "It means a lot to me."

After a few more panicked moments, the blonde pulled away from the plants with a triumphant grin. He stuck his hand out towards you, the shimmering silver watch present in his palms.