9. shadows on the subway part two

STORY CREATED BY oneshot-manyfandoms

You clung to your sink, turning the edges black and sticky with the woman's blood. Shaking you turned the sink on and scrubbed your hands vigorously, watching your skin come through the stain and turn red. You knew, despite all your effort, there was no washing this away. You closed your eyes and saw it all. The guy with the sword and equally dangerous eyes. The woman's sharp teeth and gaped mouth that stopped inches from your face. The weight and crunch that came with stabbing someone through the chest.
"You're ok. You're ok." you tried to tell yourself, staring at your reflection. Taking a deep breath you exhaled slowly, feeling a slow calm fall over you. You wondered if this was normal, or a sign you were turning into a serial killer. One kill and that's it, you're sucked in.

A sudden knock on the door made you jump. You panicked, looking at the black splatter and handprints on your bathroom sink. Quickly you left the bathroom, locking the door behind you. As you walked to the door the guy's words came creeping back into your mind, They will come after you. Before opening the door you reached under the couch, pulling out the baseball bat your parents had bought you as a house warming gift, a 'just in case.' You had laughed at them, telling them it wouldn't be needed and if it was it probably wouldn't be much help. Now you were praying it was as effective as they claimed. You looked through the peep hole quietly, holding the bat poised to strike. The first thing you saw was a flash of blonde. It was the guy from the subway. You gasped and pressed your back against the door like turning away would make him disappear. How did he find you?
Again, a knock came.
You moved away from the door and backed yourself into the living room. You started thinking about how you could get out, if your bat would hold up against someone who carried a sword. Before you could come up with a plan you heard your padlock click, and saw your door start to swing open.
The blonde guy and you came face to face as he stepped into your apartment. "In my defense," he said shutting the door behind him, "I did knock first."
He didn't look surprised or angry, just interested.
"A baseball bat? Hm, interesting choice." He said stepping towards you. "Unfortunately it's not going to help you with what's coming. Not unless you sharpen it into a stake."
"Back the fuck up." you said, adrenaline suddenly replacing the fear that coursed in your veins. You held the bat in front of you keeping several feet between you and the guy.
"Woah, a handsome stranger walks into your apartment and that's how you greet him?"
"What, am I suppose to fall in awe of your presence?" you retorted, "the last woman I saw fall in front of you did that because she was dead."
"I've get killer good looks," he said smirking at you and stepping closer. "And if I remember correctly you're the one who stabbed her."
Your eyes went wide. "Don't worry, it was actually a really good shot. For a- whatever you are."

"Jace, will you please stop flirting with the mundane."
You spun around to face the new voice, seeing a tall dark-hair guy. He was dressed in the same all black but his blue eyes where more grey-blue than the other's, with cheekbones as sharp as the expression of disapproval he wore on his face.
"I wasn't flirting Alec," Jace retorted. "I was questioning."
"You were being annoying."
As scared as you were you wanted to laughed at comment from the one called Alec.
"Let's just grab her and go."
"What?!" you looked between them alarmed and swung your bat, "I'm not going anywhere!"
In one smooth step Jace covered the distance between you two and grabbed hold of your bat, stopping it mid swing. He pulled it out of your hands effortlessly. "Oh yes you are. As much as Alec here might hate it. Otherwise we'll be leaving you to your fate. And we can't do that, sacred calling and all."
"Jace," Alec said, motioning him to look outside your window. Jace moved to join him and saw what Alec did. Deep in the dark there were flashed of pale skin, like slivers of the moon, dodging with inhuman speed in and out of the street light.
"Vampires." Alec breathed.
"Well looks like the party came to us."
"Jace-"
"I love my parties full of violence."
"Jace!"
"What?" Jace spun around to see what had Alec in such a fuss, thinking maybe you had just picked up your bat again and needed another talking to. He even pondered tying you up until the fight was over, just for good measure.
But you were gone.
Bat and all.
"We better find her before the vamps do."