16. living in the shadows part three

STORY CREATED BY lolieslife

"-I can't turn into what you are overnight," Clary argued.

"Why not? (Y/N) seems to be adapting just fine" Alec argued back.

"She has never shown much emotion, this isn't fair," Your sister said.

You rolled your eyes at their bickering and approached the group who were arguing from the moment they got back. You, on the other hand, got changed to pick up your training again.

"You ready to train Izzy?" You asked, making the four turn their heads towards you.

"I thought I was supposed to train you?" Jace asked confused.

"You haven't trained with her once, Jace" Alec scoffed.

"Well it looks like she doesn't want to train with you either" Jace replied, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

This made Alec speechless and turn towards you but all you did was look at the ground.

"Let's go," Isabelle said grabbing your arm softly and guiding you away.

"Thanks," you said once you were out of earshot. "For this and wanting to train with me"

"Of course. Now, I will warn you. I won't go softly on you" she smirked as she let her bracelet turn into an iron pole.

"Perfect" you smiled as you grabbed a katana.

"You seem to be going to that quite often," Isabelle noticed.

"Yeah... I don't know why it just feels right" you replied eying the weapon in your hands.

You saw Izzy take advantage of that and charge at you but you blocked it just in time.

"Alec wasn't lying when he said you were surprisingly good for a mundane" She complimented you.

"Thanks" you replied as you started circling one another.

You continued training and didn't even notice Jace walking in.

You were able to knock Izzy's whip out of her hands and point your katana at her.

You heard someone starting to clap from behind you. You whipped your head around and saw the blonde shadowhunter.

You locked eye contact and at that moment Isabelle swept her foot over the ground making you fall on you back.

"Never lose eyes on your opponent," Jace said pushing himself off the wall which he was leaning against.

You ignored him and took Izzy outstretched hand to pull yourself back up.

He kept looking at you waiting for some reply so you did "what? You decide to show up for training once and you expect me to be grateful? I bet you're here for another reason as well"

"We're going to rob a grave," he said looking you straight in the eyes. Not ashamed that you were right.

"I knew it" you mumbled picking up your katana and placing it back in its rightful place.

You left the room to get changed and heard Izzy and Jace discuss the plan.

Not much later you stood in the graveyard with the three shadowhunters and your sister.

They were talking about where the weapons would be but you once again didn't listen to their conversation.

"You know what? Alec, why don't you go check out by the angel?" Jace told him.