21. living in the shadows part seven

STORY CREATED BY lolieslife

"Magnus! I need you to make that spell. I need my emotions back" You rushed to say at your newfound realization.

"Slow down, Pumpkin, where is this coming from? I thought you didn't want them back?" Magnus said in confusion.

"I need them to find the Cup," You said which made everyone's head turn towards you.

"How will that help you?" The Warlock asked.

"I just have this feeling. I can't explain it. Please, you have to trust me on this one" You pleaded.

He looked at you for a second with a thoughtful look but agreed. "Alright, I'll have to make some arrangements for some of the ingredients. I'll be back soon"

He made a portal appear and stepped through it, leaving you and your friends in his apartment.

"Care to explain what was that all about?" Alec asked.

"I would love to, but it's hard to explain. You just have to trust me" you told him and the others.

Your eyes wandered towards Jace but he was busy looking through your sketchbook. Alec followed your eyes and noticed how quiet and distant his best friend was.

"I think it's time for our talk," He said as he stood beside you.

"Yeah," you replied, turning your attention to him.

"First of all, what's going on between you and Jace?" He started.

"He told me he liked me" you mumbled quietly while looking at the floor.

"So he found the courage to tell you" Alec replied in a monotone.

"You knew?" You asked surprised.

"Yes, he told me earlier" he answered "did you reject him? Is that the reason he's all grumpy?"

"I didn't necessarily reject him..." you trailed off.

"But you did" he finished for you.

"I just don't know, Alec. Like I feel drawn to him but that's it. I don't feel anything other than that" You tried to explain.

"Your emotions are really far gone" He mumbled.

"You think I like him?" You asked.

"There's only one way to found out. Let's hope Magnus is getting back soon" He replied.

"Yeah..." You sighed in defeat "But how are you and Jace?"

"We're okay again. We'll maybe have to talk about it again at one point. But, we're good" Alec smiled slightly.

"And you and Magnus?" You asked quietly, making sure no one heard.

"What about us?" He asked, his voice also lowering.

"Come on, Alec. You can't deny the chemistry you two have" You pressed on.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He answered, not looking you in the eyes which made you smirk "What?"

"Nothing I believe you" You clearly lied.

Suddenly a portal opened up again and Magnus walked through.

"Speaking of the Devil" You chuckled lightly, making Alec give you an annoyed look.

"I got the pure Angel blood" He announced.